IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global hereditary angioedema therapeutic market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.4% during 2023-2028. Hereditary angioedema, or HAE, refers to a rare genetic disease caused by dysfunctional or lack of C1-inhibitor protein. It is characterized by recurrent episodes of rapid, severe, subcutaneous, and submucosal swelling of the face, airways, hands, intestinal tract, larynx, trachea, or tongue without the appearance of urticarial lesions. It affects the blood vessels and leads to nausea, extreme pain, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, muscle ache, tingling, headache, abdominal pain, hoarseness, and mood swings. It also causes fluid leakage through the walls of blood vessels into body tissues. Currently, researchers and manufacturers are focusing on developing novel HAE therapeutics to cater to unmet medical needs.
Global Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutic Market Trends:
The rising incidences of HAE and the surging awareness about the available HAE therapeutics represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Moreover, the increasing cases of genetic mutations contributing to the disorder is another major growth-inducing factor. In addition, governments of various countries are taking favorable initiatives to promote faster diagnosis and deliver optimal standards of treatment and care to patients. Besides this, the surging demand for preventive medical care to prevent future illness and treatment has accelerated the product adoption rate. Furthermore, several key players are investing heavily in research and development (R&D) activities to enhance HAE therapeutics development. In line with this, the rising public and private funding for rare genetic diseases and orphan drugs have catalyzed market growth. Apart from this, the growing popularity of subcutaneously-administered therapies due to their convenient dosing and higher efficacy than intravenously administered drugs has augmented the product demand. Other factors, including the expanding healthcare industry, increasing regulatory approvals, rising research partnerships, supportive reimbursement policies, and technological advancements, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth.
- The market has been categorized based on the type into type I, type II, and type III hereditary angioedema.
- Based on the drug class, the market has been segmented into C-1 esterase inhibitor, bradykinin B2 receptor antagonist, kallikrein inhibitor, and others.
- On the basis of the treatment type, the market has been bifurcated into prophylaxis and on-demand treatment.
- The market has been divided based on the route of administration into intravenous, subcutaneous, and oral.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, clinics, home healthcare, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Adverum Biotechnologies Inc., Amgen Inc., Attune Pharmaceuticals, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc., Centogene N.V., CSL Limited, Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., KalVista Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Pharming Group N.V., Sanofi S.A., and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Drug Class, Treatment Type, Route of Administration, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adverum Biotechnologies Inc., Amgen Inc., Attune Pharmaceuticals, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals Inc., Centogene N.V., CSL Limited, Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc., KalVista Pharmaceuticals Inc., Novartis AG, Pharming Group N.V., Sanofi S.A. and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal