According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Household Insecticides Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global household insecticides market is currently witnessing healthy growth. Household insecticides are chemicals that are utilized to control the growth of insects. These chemicals consist of citronella oil, geraniol oil, boric acid, cyfluthrin and hydroxyethyl isobutyl piperidine carboxylate and are available in various forms, such as gels, creams, roll-on, coils, mats, aerosols, oil sprays, vaporizers, patches, powders and granules. They are widely used to kill flies, rats, ants, moths, cockroaches, mosquitoes and beetles, along with harmful fungi and bacteria, to prevent the spread of vector-borne diseases. As a result, they are extensively employed across outdoor, kitchen and lawn applications in domestic settings.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Household Insecticides Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing prevalence of vector-borne diseases, such as malaria, dengue fever and chikungunya. Moreover, individuals are becoming more aware of the disease transmission and infestations, which, in turn, is propelling the sales of household insecticides. Along with this, governments of various countries are organizing campaigns to educate individuals regarding the importance of maintaining a hygienic lifestyle. The continual launch of innovative products, such as oil sprays, lotions, repellent sprays and slow-release vaporizing systems, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The market is further driven by the advent of organic variants and the growing preference for premium products in urban markets. Other factors, such as rapid urbanization, increasing demand for pest control solutions, and rising consumer expenditure capacities, are creating a positive outlook of the market further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of around 5% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market is divided into sprays, electric vaporizers, mosquito coils, baits and others.
- Based on the composition, the market has been bifurcated into natural (citronella oil, geraniol and others) and synthetic (N, N-diethyl-meta-toluamide [DEET], hydroxyethyl isobutyl piperidine carboxylate [picaridin] and others).
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been classified into small, medium and large segments.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into cockroaches, ants, flies and moths, mosquitoes, rats and rodents, bedbugs and beetles, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, general stores, online stores, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Amplecta AB, BASF SE, Bayer AG, Dabur India Limited, Earth Corporation, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, HPM Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd., Jyothy Laboratories Ltd., NEOGEN Corporation, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc., Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc., Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Zapi S.p.A., and Zhongshan Lanju Daily Chemical Industry Co Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 |
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800