The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Industrial Microbiology Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the global industrial microbiology market size reached a value of US$ 9.7 Billion in 2021. Industrial microbiology, also known as microbial biotechnology, is the process of using various microorganisms, such as naturally occurring organisms, laboratory-selected mutants, and genetically modified organisms (GMO), for the production of crucial substances, such as food products, antibiotics, enzymes, amino acids, vaccines, and fine chemicals. It assists in replacing non-biodegradable plastics, fossil fuels, and highly polluting chemical processes with biocompatible alternatives. Besides this, industrial microbiology finds extensive application in manufacturing alcohol and acetone across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Industrial Microbiology Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the expanding pharmaceutical industry. Industrial microbiology is used to manufacture vaccines, antibiotics, and steroids. It also aids in preventing microbial contamination of injectables, nasal solutions, drugs, eye drops, and inhalation products. In addition, the rising product adoption in the food and beverage (F&B) industry is to produce fermented food products and convert industrial food waste into value-added products. Besides this, industrial microbiology finds extensive applications in the oil and gas industry as it is not impacted by crude oil prices and does not require vast energy inputs. This, coupled with the rapid depletion of oil resources and increasing energy demands, is catalyzing the need for eco-friendly and cost-effective oil recovery technologies. Moreover, the increasing utilization of industrial microbiology in the cosmetics and personal care industry is anticipated to propel market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach a value of US$ 15.8 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into equipment and systems (filtration pumps and systems, microbial detection systems, air monitoring systems, automated equipment, incubators and culture apparatus, and others), reaction consumables (media, simple media, complex media, defined media, specialty media, reagents, and strains) and others (laboratory supplies, bags and bottles, loop and needles, Petri dishes, racks, seals, plates and holders, filtration disc and membranes, and others).
- On the basis of the test type, the market has been segmented into sterility testing, microbial limits testing, bio-burden testing, and water and environmental testing.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into food and beverages, pharmaceutical biotechnology, agricultural, environmental, cosmetic, and personal care, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Becton Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc, Danaher Corporation, Eppendorf AG, QIAGEN, Sartorius AG, Merck KGaA and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800