IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global intracranial pressure monitoring market reached a value of US$ 1.6 Billion in 2021. Intracranial pressure (ICP) monitoring is a diagnostic test that measures the pressure in the head directly using a small pressure-sensitive probe that is inserted through the skull. ICP is derived from cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and cerebral blood circulatory dynamics and can be affected in the course of many diseases of the central nervous system. With the advent of newer technologies, more alternatives continue to rise, aiming to measure ICP and cerebral metabolism, as well as control ICP.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Intracranial Pressure Monitoring Market Trends:
The increasing cases of neurological damage, brain infection and aneurysms have led to an increased requirement for ICP monitoring devices. As a result, the governments of various countries are undertaking several initiatives and investing in the enhancement of patient-centered care, safety and efficiency. Apart from this, the recent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak has led to an increasing need for ICP monitoring to offer optimum care to patients under critical conditions. Furthermore, technological advancements and improving healthcare facilities are driving the market. Modern computational algorithms have enabled healthcare professionals to measure ICP waveform and provide mean values of the pressure and extract indicators of the dysfunction of cerebral vasoreactivity. On account of these factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into monitors, probes, catheters and kits, and other accessories.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been bifurcated into invasive [external ventricular drainage (EVD) and microtransducer ICP monitoring] and non-invasive technology (transcranial Doppler ultrasonography, tympanic membrane displacement, optic nerve sheath diameter, MRI/CT and others).
- The market has been categorized based on the monitoring type into intraventricular, Intraparenchymal, epidural and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into traumatic brain injury, intracerebral hemorrhage, meningitis and others.
- The market has been segregated based on the end-user into hospitals, home care, trauma centers and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), HeadSense Medical Ltd., Integra Lifesciences Corporation, LINET Ltd., Medtronic Plc, Natus Medical Incorporated, Raumedic AG (Rehau), Sophysa and Spiegelberg Gmbh (SHS).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800