According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Lingerie Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global lingerie market reached a value of US$ 72.66 Billion in 2021. Lingerie is intimate apparel that is generally stitched using lightweight, comforting and stretchy fabrics, such as cotton, lycra, nylon, satin, silk and sheer fabrics. It is mainly worn for maintaining personal hygiene and preventing the growth of bacteria and microbes. Additionally, it protects the clothes from sweat and bodily secretions while reducing the occurrence of bad odor and itchiness around the vagina. It is widely available across the globe in diverse product types that differ on the basis of shapes, sizes, color and designs. Some of the popular types of lingerie include crotchless, corsets and bustiers, see-through, garter belts, bodystockings, hosiery, bikini and chemises.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Lingerie Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing preference for maintaining personal hygiene. Coupled with the shifting preference for trendy intimate wear due to the availability of diversified product variants and the introduction of sustainable lingerie in the market, this is favorably impacting the market. The market is further driven by the rising influence of social media among the masses, the easy product availability through online and offline organized distributed channels and the advent of convenient online delivery models. Moreover, numerous leading manufacturers and sellers are heavily investing in launching premium and functional lingerie, which are gaining widespread prominence among individuals. Besides this, numerous players are incorporating artificial intelligence (AI) technology in developing their shopping applications in order to offer personalized experiences to customers, which is expected to positively influence the market growth. In addition to this, the development of aggressive marketing strategies, investments in celebrity endorsements and innovative packaging solutions adopted by key players are providing a boost to the sales of lingerie across the globe. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 112.96 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 7.40% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segregated into brassiere, knickers or panties, shapewear and others.
- Based on the material, the market has been categorized into cotton, silk, satin, nylon and others.
- On the basis of the price range, the market has been segmented into economy and premium.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into mass merchandizers, specialized stores, online stores and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Fashion Nova LLC, Hanesbrands Inc., H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB, Hunkemöller International B.V., Jockey International Inc., MAS Holdings, PVH Corp., The Gap Inc., The Groupe Chantelle, Triumph International Ltd., Victoria’s Secret & Co. and Yandy Enterprises LLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal