The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mattress Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global mattress market reached a value of US$ 36.4 Billion in 2022. A mattress is a rectangular fabric case filled with resilient materials such as cotton, hair, feathers, foam rubber, or an arrangement of coiled springs. It can also be filled with water, air, or various natural fibers to facilitate sleep. Mattresses play a vital role in giving the right support and comfort to the body, providing proper postural alignment and minimizing back pain during sleep.
Global Mattress Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing demand for home furnishings, such as mattresses, pillowcases, and bed linens, on account of inflating disposable incomes and the increasing construction of residential complexes. Besides this, the rising incidences of sleeping disorders and posture-related problems have led to the widespread adoption of airbeds, waterbeds, and foam-based mattresses as they offer superior comfort through even distribution of pressure and body weight. Moreover, due to the growing environmental consciousness among the consumers, key players are introducing organic mattresses, which are made by utilizing natural and environment-friendly raw materials, such as wool, natural latex and organic cotton. They are also focusing on introducing smart mattresses integrated with AI-based technology, which helps detect human health, breathing pattern, sleeping hours, and adjusting the temperature according to the environment while the user is sleeping. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 52.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.02% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into innerspring, memory foam, latex and other mattresses. At present, innerspring mattresses currently represent the most popular product.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been segregated into twin or single, twin XL, full or double, queen, king and others. Amongst these, king-sized mattresses are highly preferred by consumers.
- The market has been bifurcated on the basis of the application into the domestic and commercial sectors. Amongst these, the domestic sector accounts for the majority of the global market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into online and offline channels. At present, offline retailers exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others) holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Kingsdown Inc., Kurlon Enterprise Ltd., Leggett & Platt Incorporated, Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Sealy Corporation, Serta Inc., Simmons Bedding Company LLC, Sleep Number Corporation, Southerland Inc., Spring Air Company and Tempur-Pedic International, Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Size, Application, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Kingsdown Inc., Kurlon Enterprise Ltd., Leggett & Platt Incorporated, Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Sealy Corporation, Serta Inc., Simmons Bedding Company LLC, Sleep Number Corporation, Southerland Inc., Spring Air Company and Tempur-Pedic International , Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal