As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Mattress Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global mattress market size reached US$ 30.3 Billion in 2019. Along with nutrition and exercise, sleep plays a vital role in the overall health of an individual. Inadequate or poor-quality of sleep can lead to depression, poor concentration, high blood pressure and heart diseases. It is also associated with a higher risk of mental illnesses and road accidents, as well as reduced productivity. Consequently, there has been a boost in the sales of mattresses across the globe. Mattresses are filled with resilient materials, such as cotton, feathers, foam rubber or an arrangement of coiled springs, that facilitates sleep. They also provide comfort and proper postural alignment, which assist in minimizing the chances of having back pain during sleep.
Global Mattress Market Trends:
The market is currently experiencing moderate growth on account of the expanding real estate sector and the boosting sales of home furnishings, such as mattresses, pillowcases and bed linen. Moreover, the rising number of patients with back problems, which is mainly caused by sleeping on uncomfortable mattresses, acts as another growth-inducing factor. The growing inclination of people toward customized mattresses is further driving innovation in the industry. In line with this, some of the leading players are introducing customization options, where customers can modify the thickness, firmness and size of the mattress according to their height, weight and other dynamics. Apart from this, inflating income levels are anticipated to propel the market growth in the coming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 44.0 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into innerspring, memory foam, latex and other mattresses.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been segregated into twin or single, twin XL, full or double, queen, king and other sized mattresses.
- The market has been bifurcated on the basis of the application into the domestic and commercial sectors.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into specialty stores, furniture retailers, department stores and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Kingsdown Inc., Kurlon Enterprise Ltd., Leggett & Platt Incorporated, Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Sealy Corporation, Serta Inc., Simmons Bedding Company LLC, Sleep Number Corporation, Southerland Inc., Spring Air Company and Tempur-Pedic International, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800