IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Mattress Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global mattress market size reached US$ 36.4 Billion in 2022. Mattresses refer to a fabric case filled with resilient and comfortable materials, including cotton, foam rubber, feathers, or an arrangement of coiled springs. They can also be filled with water, air, and other natural fibers. They are used either alone as a bed or on a bedstead to promote sleep. They assist in keeping the spine in a neutral position, providing the right support and comfort to the body, facilitating proper postural alignment, and minimizing back pain during sleep. They also aid in reducing nervousness, irritability, headaches, and stress that affect sleep quality. Nowadays, mattresses are widely available in a diverse range of thicknesses, firmness, and size and can be customized according to the height, weight, and other dynamics of individuals.
Global Mattress Market Trends:
The elevating sales of home furnishing products, such as mattresses, pillowcases, and bed linens, represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the rising prevalence of back and posture-related problems caused by uncomfortable sleeping surfaces are contributing to the market growth. Additionally, there has been a significant shift toward airbeds, waterbeds, and foam-based mattresses that provide optimum comfort by evenly distributing pressure and body weight and relaxing the spine while sleeping. In line with this, the increasing willingness of consumers to spend on better sleep solutions, such as high-quality mattresses, due to the growing awareness about their postural and health benefits, has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are offering organic mattresses manufactured using natural and environment-friendly raw materials, including wool, natural latex, and organic cotton, owing to the surging environmental concerns. Along with this, continual product innovations, such as the launch of smart mattresses integrated with artificial intelligence (AI)-based technology, that monitors human health, breathing pattern, and sleeping hours and adjusts the temperature according to the environment while the user is sleeping, have fueled the market growth. Other factors, including the increasing number of luxury hotels, rising incidence of sleep disorders, ongoing construction of residential buildings, inflating consumer expenditure capacities, improving lifestyles, and rapid urbanization, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 52.2 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.02% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been categorized into innerspring, memory foam, latex, and other mattresses. Amongst these, innerspring mattresses represent the largest market segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified as online and offline. At present, offline retailers represent the most popular distribution channel.
- The market has been divided based on size into twin or single, twin XL, full or double, queen, king, and other sizes. Currently, king-sized mattresses account for the majority of the market share.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into domestic and commercial, wherein the domestic sector exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others) holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions include North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Kingsdown Inc., Kurlon Enterprise Ltd., Leggett & Platt Incorporated, Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Tempur Sealy International, Serta Inc., Simmons Bedding Company LLC, Sleep Number Corporation, Southerland Inc., and Spring Air International.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Size, Application, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Kingsdown Inc., Kurlon Enterprise Ltd., Leggett & Platt Incorporated, Paramount Bed Co. Ltd., Tempur Sealy International, Serta Inc., Simmons Bedding Company LLC, Sleep Number Corporation, Southerland Inc., and Spring Air International
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800