The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Microencapsulation Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global microencapsulation market reached a value of US$ 8.8 Billion in 2021. Microencapsulation is the advanced technique of creating shells that can contain active ingredients and compounds. The shell is made of polymeric or non-polymeric materials such as cellulose, ethylene glycol, and gelatin. Microencapsulation is used to store and protect the ingredients from the environment and provide stability to the product. This technique is also generally used for masking the taste, odor, and activity of the encapsulated functional ingredients. Nowadays, microencapsulation has emerged as a promising technique for controlled drug delivery. It also effectively protects the encapsulated agents against degradation, reduces toxicity, improves efficacy and stability, and facilitates administration.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Microencapsulation Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the significant growth of the pharmaceutical and agrochemical industries. In addition, the rising consumption of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutritional supplements, owing to the growing prevalence of chronic and lifestyle diseases, are propelling the demand for microencapsulation. Besides this, the rising applications of microencapsulation in diverse industries are also contributing to the market growth. For instance, microencapsulation is increasingly utilized to manufacture beauty supplements containing natural ingredients in the cosmetic industry. It is also used in the food and beverage industry to integrate nutrition and flavor with functional and fortified food products. Moreover, extensive investments in research and development (R&D) activities to improve the efficiency of the technology, coupled with the increasing strategic partnerships between industry players and end users, are expected to create a favorable market outlook. Looking forward, the market value is expected to grow at a CAGR of 9.98% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the coating material, the market has been segmented into carbohydrates, gums and resins, lipids, polymers, and proteins.
- On the basis of the core form, the market has been classified into solid, liquid, and gas.
- The market has been categorized based on technology into spray, dripping, emulsion, coating, and other technologies.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into pharmaceutical and healthcare, household and personal care, food and beverages, agrochemicals, construction, textiles, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being AVEKA Group, Balchem Inc., BASF SE, Bayer AG, Capsulae, Cargill Incorporated, DuPont de Nemours Inc., Encapsys LLC, Koehler Innovative Solutions, Koninklijke DSM N.V., Lycored Ltd., Reed Pacific Pty Limited, Syngenta Group (China National Chemical Corporation), and TasteTech Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA – Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800