According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) Testing Market by Technology (Flow Cytometry, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), and Others), Application (Hematological Malignancy, Solid Tumors), End User (Hospitals and Speciality Clinics, Diagnostic Laboratories, Academic and Research Institutes, and Others), and Region 2023-2028,“ the global minimal residual disease (MRD) testing market size reached US$ 1.85 Billion in 2022. Minimal residual disease (MRD) testing is a sophisticated diagnostic approach employed in the field of oncology. This testing method is designed to detect the presence of cancer cells that remain in the patient after treatment, at levels undetectable through standard diagnostic techniques. Utilizing highly sensitive molecular and immunological methods, such as flow cytometry, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), and next-generation sequencing (NGS), MRD testing can identify the residual disease at a cellular level. These advanced techniques provide an unparalleled precision that helps clinicians assess treatment efficacy, stratify patient risk, and decide upon subsequent treatment strategies. Some of the advantages of MRD testing include the early identification of treatment failure, allowing for timely intervention and potentially better patient outcomes.
Global Minimal Residual Disease (MRD) Testing Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by the increasing prevalence of cancer that is demanding advanced diagnostic methods. In line with this, the growing reliance on targeted therapies and personalized medicine is creating a fertile ground for MRD Testing. Also, substantial investments in oncological research are laying the groundwork for further refinement of this diagnostic method, thereby fueling the growth of the market. Moreover, continual technological advancements in molecular diagnostics are amplifying the test's accuracy and applicability, which in turn is stimulating the market. In addition to this, the growing pool of FDA-approved tests fortifying the clinical credibility of MRD testing is resulting in a higher adoption. Furthermore, healthcare providers are acknowledging its role in patient risk stratification, which is creating a positive market outlook. The market is further strengthened by the expansion of healthcare infrastructure in emerging economies. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the growing public awareness about early cancer detection, the initiation of educational programs by governments and non-profits concerning cancer diagnostics, and the emergence of telehealth as a complementary pathway for discussing diagnostic results. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.82 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 11.70% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into flow cytometry, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), next generation sequencing (NGS) and others. Among these, polymerase chain reaction (PCR) represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into hematological malignancy (leukemia and lymphoma) and solid tumors. Among these, hematological malignancy (leukemia and lymphoma) accounts for the dominant market share.
- Based on the end user, the market has been categorized into hospitals and speciality clinics, diagnostic laboratories, academic and research institutes, and others. Between these, hospitals and speciality clinics accounts for the biggest segment in the market.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa. At present, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation, Arup Laboratories Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Guardant Health, Invivoscribe Inc., Natera Inc., NeoGenomics Laboratories Inc., and Sysmex Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Flow Cytometry, Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), Others
- Hematological Malignancy: Leukemia, Lymphoma
- Solid Tumors
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals and Speciality Clinics, Diagnostic Laboratories, Academic and Research Institutes, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Adaptive Biotechnologies Corporation, Arup Laboratories Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Guardant Health, Invivoscribe Inc., Natera Inc., NeoGenomics Laboratories Inc., Sysmex Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800