According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Nicotine Gum Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global nicotine gum market size reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2022. Nicotine gum is a type of chewing gum infused with nicotine, designed to aid those attempting to quit smoking. It works as a nicotine replacement therapy (NRT), which helps alleviate withdrawal symptoms associated with smoking cessation. It contains nicotine, which is released upon chewing and absorbed through the oral mucosa, delivering a controlled amount of nicotine to the body. It aids in reducing cravings for nicotine, irritability, anxiety, and restlessness and helps smokers focus on the behavioral and psychological aspects of quitting smoking. It also assists individuals to quit other forms of tobacco use, such as cigars and chewing tobacco.
Global Nicotine Gum Market Trends:
The increasing awareness about the health risks associated with smoking is encouraging more individuals to quit tobacco products. This represents one of the key factors positively influencing the market. Additionally, doctors, dentists, and other healthcare professionals are increasingly recommending nicotine gum to patients trying to quit smoking. Apart from this, the aging global population with higher tobacco usage rates is also influencing the overall sales of smoking cessation aids like nicotine gum. Moreover, the burgeoning e-commerce sector is making its availability more accessible and consequently attracting a wider consumer base. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2.0 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into 2 mg, 4 mg, and 6 mg nicotine gum. 2 mg nicotine gum currently dominates the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into withdrawal clinics, medical practice, individual smokers, and others. At present, medical practice holds the largest market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into retail pharmacies, specialty stores, online stores, and others. Retail pharmacies account for the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being British American Tobacco, Cambrex Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline, ITC Limited, Novartis, Johnson & Johnson Services, Perrigo, Pfizer, and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Application, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||British American Tobacco, Cambrex Corporation, GlaxoSmithKline, ITC Limited, Johnson & Johnson Services, Novartis, Perrigo, Pfizer and Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800