According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global pediatric interventional cardiology market reached a value of US$ 2.28 Billion in 2021. Pediatric interventional cardiology refers to the method that is generally used for treating heart disorders among children. It is a sub-specialty of cardiology that involves the utilization of various specific catheter-based techniques for performing cardiac surgeries. As a result, it is widely used in the treatment of congenital cardiac, coronary artery and valvular diseases. Due to the rising awareness among parents and the increasing number of healthcare and diagnostic centers, it is gaining widespread prominence across the globe. In comparison to traditional cardiological treatments, this method is minimally invasive, thus reducing the chances of post-surgery complications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pediatric Interventional Cardiology Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of cardiovascular diseases among children, infants, and adolescents up to 18 years. In line with this, the increasing incidences of congenital anomalies among the young population is providing a boost to the market growth. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the healthcare sector are creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with this, the rising integration of modern technologies, including computed tomography, echocardiography and magnetic resonance imaging methods, with pediatric interventional cardiology are positively influencing the market growth across the globe. Additionally, the increasing investments and funding by private and public agencies in order to upgrade the existing healthcare infrastructure across numerous countries are also contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including continuous improvements in the healthcare sector, continual product innovations and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further projected to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.46 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 6.80% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the device type, the market has been segmented into closure devices, transcatheter heart valves, atherectomy devices, catheters, balloons, stents and others.
- Based on the procedure, the market has been classified into catheter-based valve implantation, congenital heart defect correction, angioplasty, coronary thrombectomy and others.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been categorized into clinical testing laboratories, hospitals, cardiac centers, pediatric clinics and research institutions.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of the key players are Biotronik SE & Co. KG, Boston Scientific Corporation, Cardinal Health Inc., Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, General Electric Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lepu Medical Technology (Beijing) Co. Ltd., Medtronic plc, NuMED Inc., Siemens Healthineers AG, Terumo Corporation and W. L. Gore & Associates Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.