According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled Pickles Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027, the global pickles market size reached US$ 11.1 Billion in 2021. Pickles are prepared by keeping fruits and vegetables in a mixture of brine or vinegar until they develop a pungent and strong taste. This helps in preserving or extending their lifespan and making them relatively less vulnerable to spoilage. They are rich in iron, vitamins, potassium, calcium, and antioxidants, which provide a wide range of health benefits, such as improving digestion and reducing ulcers. Consequently, they are widely consumed with meals or snacks like hamburgers, hotdogs, pizza and sandwiches across the globe.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Pickles Market Trends:
At present, there is a considerable rise in the demand for non-genetically modified organisms (non-GMO) and organic products on account of the increasing awareness among individuals about their health benefits. This represents one of the primary factors strengthening the global pickles market growth. Apart from this, the key players are introducing a wide array of flavors to suit the tastes and preferences of consumers and increase their overall sales. They are also providing pickles in cost-effective and convenient packaging options to promote on-the-go consumption. These packaging variants include PET jars, glass jars, single-serve packs, polypropylene injection molded containers with flexible heat-sealable and peelable lids, and stand-up and multi-layered coextruded pouches. Other factors fueling the market growth include the thriving food and beverage (F&B) industry, growing population, inflating disposable incomes and the increasing adoption of cross-cultural cuisines worldwide. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 14.1 Billion by 2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into fruit, vegetable, meat and other pickles. At present, fruit pickles hold the largest market share.
- On the basis of the taste, the market has been classified into sweet, salty and sour pickles.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into convenience stores, independent retailers, online stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and others. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets account for the majority of the total market share.
- Region wise, the market has been categorized into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some key players being ADF Foods Ltd., Conagra Brands, Inc., Kraft Heinz Company, Del Monte Foods. Inc., Reitzel S.A., and Pinnacle Foods Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal