According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Portland Cement Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global Portland cement market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Portland cement refers to a grey-colored construction material manufactured by heating and grinding a mixture of limestone and shale or limestone and clay. It mainly consists of four compounds, namely, dicalcium silicate, tricalcium silicate, tricalcium aluminate, and tetra-calcium aluminoferrite. It has excellent binding properties, strength, durability and is relatively more cost-effective than other building materials. As a result, Portland cement is widely used in the construction of high-rise buildings, dams, bridges, tunnels, and residential and industrial complexes.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Portland Cement Market Trends:
The expanding construction and infrastructure industries, especially in developing nations, represent the primary factor driving the market. Besides this, the escalating demand for Portland cement in manufacturing concrete, mortar, stucco and grout to make screeds, plasters, roadbeds, and building foundations is bolstering the market growth. Additionally, increasing infrastructural investments and several initiatives undertaken by regional governments, including public housing projects and construction of roads for better connectivity to remote areas, are contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, several international entertainment and sporting events like the FIFA World Cup 2022 are positively impacting the infrastructure sector as hosting such events requires the construction of stadiums, housing facilities and other amenities. Moreover, the development of smart cities, rapid urbanization and easy availability of raw materials have propelled the market growth. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of around 4% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into type 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
- On the basis of the application sector, the market has been segregated into residential, commercial and industrial.
- The market has been classified based on the packaging type into 10 KG, 15 KG, 25KG and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, the UK and others), Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, South Africa and others), and Latin America (Brazil, Argentina and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Mitsubishi Cement Corporation, Alamo Cement Company, Lafarge (Holcim Ltd.), Martin Marietta Materials, Inc., HeidelbergCement AG, Tanzania Portland Cement Public Limited Company, Essroc Cement Corp., Italcementi S.p.A., Lehigh Hanson, Inc., National Cement Company, Inc., American Cement Company, LLC, Holcim Ltd., Argos Limited, China National Building Material Co. Ltd., Salt River Materials Group, Anhui Conch Cement Co., Ltd., Ash Grove Cement Company (CRH plc), Quikrete Holdings, Inc., CalPortland Company, Inc., Capitol Aggregates Inc, CEMEX S.A.B. de C.V., GCC of America, Inc., National Cement Company of Alabama, Inc., UltraTech Cement Limited, and Buzzi Unicem USA Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331