According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Printed Batteries Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global printed batteries market exhibited strong growth during 2014-2019. Printed batteries refer to one of the crucial components of printed electronics. They are based on a zinc manganese dioxide system that does not require the use of mercury, thereby making them environment friendly in nature. They involve the use of different active materials from solution-based inks that are deposited under a substrate using suitable printing techniques, including screen, stencil and spray printing. They are available in the market in several varieties, such as disposable, rechargeable, low current, high current and lithium. These batteries are widely used for low power sources in thin and flexible products. Some of the most common application segments of these batteries include wireless sensors, medical implants, electronic wearable devices and RFID tags.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Printed Batteries Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the escalating sales of electronic wearable devices across the globe. These devices offer numerous advantages, including compact structure and lightweight properties, due to which they are widely preferred by the masses. Printed batteries form an essential component of these devices as they are thin, flexible and extremely mechanically compliant in nature. In addition to this, they are relatively affordable while offering ease in production when compared with traditional batteries due to less complicated fabrication procedures involved in their manufacturing process. This, along with the changing spending patterns of the masses and the increasing penetration of high-speed internet on the global level, is providing a thrust to the market growth. Apart from this, the emerging trend of ultra-slim electronic gadgets, including smartphones and tablets, has contributed to the escalating adoption of printed batteries. The market is further driven by the rising applications of these batteries in radio-frequency sensing, interactive packaging, cosmetic and medicinal patches, greeting cards sensor and data logging systems. Their increasing uptake can be accredited to the environment-friendly nature of these batteries. Their usage can reduce material wastes significantly while offering optimum energy efficiency. Coupled with this, extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by leading players to develop efficient printed batteries with the use of 3D printing technologies is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. These cells are expected to exhibit minimal volumetric expansion with high rate capability and stability. Technological advancements in the Internet of Things (IoT) and wireless sensor technologies are also contributing to the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to witness strong growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the voltage range, the market has been divided into below 1.5 V, between 1.5 V to 3 V, and above 3V.
- Based on the product type, the market has been bifurcated into rechargeable and non- rechargeable types.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into consumer electronics, energy harvesting, medical devices, smart packaging, smart cards, wearable technology and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Blue Spark Technologies, BrightVolt Solid State Batteries, Cymbet Corporation, Enfucell Oy, FLEXEL LLC, Imprint Energy, NEC Corporation, Planar Energy Devices Inc., SAMSUNG SDI CO.,LTD., and Xymox Technologies, Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal