According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Rose Oil Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global rose oil market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.84% during 2022-2027. Rose oil refers to an indispensable, volatile, antioxidant-rich oil, which is acquired from the rose petals through steam distillation and solvent and supercritical carbon dioxide extraction technology. It is a rich source of fatty acids and exhibits antibacterial and antifungal characteristics that assist in relieving pain, alleviating inflammation, enhancing skin condition, and eliminating fungal infection caused by microbes. Apart from this, rose oil consists of beta-ionone and beta-damascenone, which aids in mitigating chronic medical ailments, reducing menstrual discomfort, anxiety and depression, and promoting hair growth. On account of these properties, rose oil is extensively used in aromatherapy and various conventional and organic products, such as perfumes, cosmetics, other essential oils and personal care consumer goods.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Rose Oil Market Trends:
A rise in the production of aromatherapy products, the shifting consumer preference toward organic aromatic essential oils, and the increasing need for various personal care and cosmetic commodities are primarily driving the global rose oil market growth. This is further supported by the rising awareness amongst consumers regarding various benefits of using rose oil, including nourished skin, balanced hormone production and improved blood circulation. In line with this, the growing prevalence of various lifestyle and chronic diseases, especially amongst the escalating geriatric population, has facilitated the widespread adoption of rose oil in pharmaceutical industry to manufacture medicines due to its antidepressant properties. This, in turn, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the extensive uptake of rose oil as a flavoring agent and sweetener in different food and beverage items, such as creams, soft drinks and jams, is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as strategic collaborations amidst key players and continuous investments by perfume manufacturers in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce a diverse range of fragrances made using oils extracted from different species of roses, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
- Based on the source, the market has been categorized into rosa damascena, rosa centifolia, and others.
- On the basis of the product, the market has bifurcated into organic and conventional.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty, online stores, and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into fragrance and cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being Alteya Organics LLC, Berje Inc., Ernesto Ventós S.A., Firmenich SA, Givaudan SA, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., MANE SA, Robertet SA, Sigma-Aldrich Inc. (Merck KGaA) and Symrise.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800