According to the latest report by IMARC Group,, titled "Savory Snacks Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global savory snacks market size reached US$ 129.4 Billion in 2022. Savory snacks refer to a range of food items, such as potato or corn chips, tacos, crackers, tortillas, popcorn, pretzels, meat snacks, nuts, seeds, salted biscuits, and other puffed or baked products, that have a salty or spicy taste instead of a sweet flavor. They are made of staple raw materials and ingredients like vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, oils, starch, and seasonings and serve as a rich source of essential nutrients and minerals, including carbohydrates, fat, protein, fiber, and vitamins, offering a quick source of energy. These savory snacks fall under the category of convenience foods because they are usually ready to eat (RTE) and save time spent cooking. They are typically consumed as meal accompaniments or in-between meals as a snack for sharing and eating on the go in small quantities.
Global Savory Snacks Market Trends:
Expanding food and beverage (F&B) sector and the increasing popularity of convenience foods and on-the-go snacks are primarily driving the market growth. In addition to this, increasing exposure to international cultures due to globalization and social media, especially western lifestyles, is influencing consumers' eating patterns, thus increasing the trend of snacking among the masses. Moreover, escalating concerns and awareness about the risk of chronic diseases, such as hypertension, cardiovascular disorders (CVD), cancer, obesity, and diabetes caused by inadequate consumption of essential nutrients, is fuelling the demand for healthy savory snack options. In line with this, the launch of protein-rich, low-calorie, gluten-free, and sugar-free options to satiate appetite, energize, improve muscle mass, and support weight loss is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, ongoing product innovations, aggressive marketing campaigns, convenient and attractive product packaging solutions, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities to enhance product quality and production processes are aiding in market expansion. Besides this, the flourishing retail and e-commerce industry, the growing working population, inflating disposable income levels, evolving lifestyles, and hectic schedules are creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 175.5 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.1% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product, the market is segregated into potato chips, extruded snacks, nuts and seeds, popcorn, meat snacks, and others.
- Based on the category, the market has been categorized into baked, fried, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market is classified into supermarkets/hypermarkets, specialty stores, online stores, convenience stores, and others.
- Based on sales, the market has been bifurcated into the retail sector and foodservice sector.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C. V., Calbee, Inc., Conagra Brands, Inc., General Mills Inc., Hain Celestial Group, Inc., HALDIRAM FOODS INTERNATIONAL PVT. LTD, Intersnack Group, ITC Limited, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz Company, Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc, Premium Brands Holdings Corporation, and PepsiCo, Inc., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Category, Distribution Channel, Sales, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arca Continental, S. A. B. de C. V., Calbee, Inc., Conagra Brands, Inc., General Mills Inc., Hain Celestial Group, Inc., HALDIRAM FOODS INTERNATIONAL PVT. LTD, Intersnack Group, ITC Limited, Kellogg Company, Kraft Heinz Company, Lamb Weston Holdings, Inc, Premium Brands Holdings Corporation, and PepsiCo, Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800