The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Seed Protein Supplements Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global seed protein supplements market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.6% during 2022-2027. Seed protein supplements are food products obtained from different types of plant seeds. They are an excellent source of protein and other essential nutrients needed to develop into complex plants. Seed protein supplements are consumed to support muscle growth and workout recovery on a plant-based diet. They include various kinds of seeds such as hemp, pumpkin, chia, watermelon, and sunflower, which are processed to form protein supplements. These supplements are high in antioxidants and are known to fight free radicals within the body and reduce the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and other degenerative diseases. They also promote healthy gut health and lower blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels. As a result, they are gaining popularity as an effective alternative to animal-derived protein powders such as whey, casein, egg, collagen, and beef.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Seed Protein Supplements Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising trend of veganism among individuals. Besides this, the growing health consciousness and awareness regarding the presence of synthetic ingredients in conventional supplements have shifted individuals toward organic product variants. The high nutritional value associated with seed protein supplements has also encouraged consumers to incorporate these supplements into their everyday diet. Nowadays, a growing number of athletes, professional bodybuilders, and sports personnel increasingly prefer a protein-rich diet over high-calorie food products, which is propelling the demand for seed protein supplements. As a result, various companies across the food value chain, producers and retailers are extensively investing in seed protein supplements. Governmental and non-governmental agencies are also organizing awareness campaigns to spread the importance of protein supplements, which is significantly impacting the market growth. Furthermore, key manufacturers are launching innovative product variants and flavors, including protein bars, shakes, and powders, thus facilitating their sales across retail and e-commerce platforms. These factors are expected to create a positive outlook for the market in the upcoming years.
- Based on the seed type, the market has been segmented into hemp, pumpkin, sunflower, and others.
- On the basis of the form, the market has been classified into powder, protein bars, ready-to-drink shakes, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the end use into sports and supplement nutrition.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into online/e-commerce, chemist/pharmacies, hypermarkets and supermarkets, health food shops, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Bioriginal Food & Science Corporation, Bioway (Xi'An) Organic Ingredients Corporation Limited, Evo Hemp, Green Source Organics, Inc., Hemp Oil Canada Inc, Manitoba Harvest Hemp Foods, Naturally Splendid Enterprises Limited, Nutiva, Inc., YT (XI’AN) Biochem Corporation Limited, and Z-Company BV.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, and nanotechnology industries. We also provide cost model and manufacturing setup project reports through Syndicated Analytics, a subsidiary of IMARC Group.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800