According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global semiconductor intellectual property (IP) market size reached US$ 5.3 Billion in 2022. Semiconductor intellectual property (IP) refers to a set of design elements, components, or building blocks that are pre-designed and pre-verified for integration into semiconductor chips or electronic systems. These IP components are essential for the creation of complex integrated circuits and electronic devices. Semiconductor IPs are essential components of the modern semiconductor industry, enabling companies to streamline the design process, reduce time-to-market, and focus on developing higher-level functionalities. Semiconductor IP can encompass processor cores, memory controllers, input/output interfaces, analog-to-digital converters, and various specialized functions such as encryption and signal processing. These IP cores are designed, tested, and optimized by semiconductor IP vendors who specialize in creating reusable and licensable components. IP cores are typically offered under various licensing models, such as royalty-based or upfront fee-based licensing, enabling semiconductor IP vendors to monetize their innovations.
Global Semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP) Market Trends:
The growing complexity of integrated circuits represents one of the primary drivers of the global semiconductor IP market. Besides this, as semiconductor technology advances, the level of integration and functionality within chips increases, necessitating more sophisticated and specialized IP components. Furthermore, the rising adoption of system-on-chip (SoC) and application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) that enable the incorporation of multiple functions on a single chip, offering higher performance, lower power consumption, and reduced form factors is fueling the demand for semiconductor IP. Concurrent with this, the proliferation of advanced technologies, such as 5G, artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), and autonomous vehicles, is contributing to the market's growth, as these technologies require specialized hardware accelerators, communication interfaces, and sensor interfaces, among other functionalities, all of which can be efficiently implemented using semiconductor IP. Moreover, the rapid growth of the consumer electronics sector driven by the expanding penetration of smartphones, tablets, wearables, and other consumer devices is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. In addition to this, the globalization of the semiconductor supply chain and the continuous drive for miniaturization and energy efficiency in electronic devices are creating a favorable outlook for market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 7.3 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the IP type, the market has been divided into processor IP, interface IP, memory IP, and others.
- Based on the revenue source, the market is classified into royalty, licensing, and services.
- On the basis of the IP core, the market has been distinguished into soft and hard cores.
- Based on the application, the market is categorized into IDM firms, foundries, fabless firms, and others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been segregated into consumer electronics, telecom, automotive, healthcare, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Achronix Semiconductor Corporation, ARM Ltd. (SoftBank Group Corp.), Cadence Design Systems Inc., CEVA Inc., eMemory Technology Incorporated, Fujitsu Limited (Furukawa Group), Imagination Technologies Limited (Canyon Bridge Capital Partners, Inc.), Lattice Semiconductor Corp., Mentor Graphics Corporation (Siemens Aktiengesellschaft), Open-Silicon Inc. (SiFive), Rambus Inc. and Synopsys Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||IP Type, Revenue Source, IP Core, Application, End Use Industry, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Achronix Semiconductor Corporation, ARM Ltd. (SoftBank Group Corp.), Cadence Design Systems Inc., CEVA Inc., eMemory Technology Incorporated, Fujitsu Limited (Furukawa Group), Imagination Technologies Limited (Canyon Bridge Capital Partners, Inc.), Lattice Semiconductor Corp., Mentor Graphics Corporation (Siemens Aktiengesellschaft), Open-Silicon Inc. (SiFive), Rambus Inc. and Synopsys Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800