According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Diagnostics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global sexually transmitted disease (STD) diagnostics market size reached US$ 98.71 Billion in 2022. Sexually transmitted disease (STD) diagnostics refers to scientific tools and techniques used to identify, detect, and confirm the presence of STDs in an individual. It includes polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs), enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs), point-of-care (PoC) devices, and self-testing kits. STD diagnostics utilize blood, urine, genital swab, and fluid samples to detect the presence of pathogens and markers related to STDs. It is widely used to diagnose chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes, hepatitis B and C, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), and human papillomavirus (HPV). STD diagnostics are highly efficient and accurate techniques that aid in the early detection of infections, enable timely intervention, prevent future complications, and increase patient outcomes.
Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Diagnostics Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of STDs due to unprotected sexual intercourse and drug abuse is one of the key factors propelling the market growth. STD diagnostics are widely used to determine the severity of infections, prevent further transmission, and identify potential treatment options to improve patient outcomes. Furthermore, the growing awareness among the masses regarding early disease detection to avoid various future complications, such as cancer, congenital disabilities, and infertility, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the recent development of multiplex assays, which allows simultaneous detection of multiple STD pathogens in a single test, thus, reducing costs, saving time, and improving diagnostic accuracy, is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the introduction of self-testing kits that allow individuals to conveniently test the presence of STDs in their homes without visiting healthcare facilities, which aids in improving accessibility, enhancing patient comfort, and maintaining privacy, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Apart from this, the implementation of supportive government policies to educate the masses about STDs, promote early detection, and provide access to high-quality treatment and testing facilities is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including rising healthcare expenditure, increasing investment in the development of advanced diagnostic tools, and growing emphasis on sexual health among the masses, are anticipated to drive the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market value is expected to reach US$ 135.94 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.39% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, herpes simplex virus, human papilloma virus, human immunodeficiency virus, chancroid testing, and others. Among these, chlamydia testing represents the largest segment.
- Based on the device type, the market has been classified into laboratory devices (thermal cycler – PCR, lateral flow readers, flow cytometers, absorbance microplate reader – enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), and others) and point of care (PoC) devices (phone chips (microfluidic + ICT) and portable/bench top/rapid diagnostic kits). At present, laboratory devices accounts for the largest market share.
- On the basis of end user, the market has been divided into laboratory and point of care (PoC) testing. Among these, laboratory testing represents for the largest market share.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa. At present, North America holds the largest market share.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson and Company, BioMérieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cepheid (Danaher Corporation), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Hologic Inc., Qiagen N.V., Quidel Corporation, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Chlamydia Testing, Syphilis Testing, Gonorrhea Testing, Herpes Simplex Virus Testing, Human Papilloma Virus Testing, Human Immunodeficiency Virus Testing, Chancroid Testing, Others
|Device Types Covered
||Laboratory Devices - Thermal Cycler – PCR,
Lateral Flow Readers, Flow Cytometers,
Absorbance Microplate Reader – Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA), Others
Point of Care (PoC) Devices - Phone Chips (Microfluidics + ICT), Portable/Bench Top/Rapid Diagnostic Kits
|End Users Covered
||Laboratory Testing, Point of Care (PoC) Testing
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson and Company, BioMérieux SA, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Cepheid (Danaher Corporation), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Hologic Inc., Qiagen N.V., Quidel Corporation, Siemens Healthineers AG (Siemens AG), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800