According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Skin Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global skin packaging market size reached US$ 9.3 Billion in 2019. Skin packaging is a type of paperboard packaging that is widely used for packaging various food products as well as consumer and industrial goods. In this packaging process, products, including tools, spare parts, office supplies, electronics and fresh vegetables, are usually placed on a paperboard, which are then draped with a sheet of heated transparent plastic film. This packaging is sealed tightly to avoid any damages to the packed product. It also discourages the growth of bacteria on the product while preventing spillage and spoilage. Since these packaging solutions are light in weight, highly efficient and consume less space, they reduce the associated transportation costs, thereby gaining widespread among the end users. Consequently, skin packaging is extensively used across multiple industries to pack various products and increase their shelf life.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Skin Packaging Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by significant growth in the food sector across the globe. This is being supported by rapid urbanization, hectic working schedules and inflating per capita income levels. The rising demand for convenience foods and ready-to-eat (RTE) products, in confluence with the growing preference for online food delivery, have contributed to the increasing demand for food-grade skin packaging. In addition to this, several food manufacturers are adopting these packaging solutions in an effort to minimize the wastage of various perishable food products. They are also engaging in research and development (R&D) activities to develop improved variants that offer extended shelf life while retaining the nutritional value of the food product. For instance, they are now utilizing vacuum technology to draw the film into the package, which not only retains the freshness of the packaged product but also offers convenience to users, such as clear visibility and easy-peel corners. Furthermore, numerous end users are replacing metal and glass packaging solutions with skin packaging, owing to the numerous benefits offered by them. They are also employing biodegradable plastic films for skin packaging, which is projected to create a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the base material, the market has been divided into plastic films, paper and paperboard, and others.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into carded and non-carded skin packaging.
- Based on the heat seal coating, the market has been divided into water-based, solvent-based and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into food, consumer goods and industrial goods.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Sealed Air Corporation, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Bemis Company, Inc., The DOW Chemical Company, WestRock group, Berry Global Inc., Clondalkin Group Holdings BV, LINPAC Packaging, DISPLAY PACK, and G. Mondini SpA.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800