The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Skin Packaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global skin packaging market size reached US$ 10.2 Billion in 2021. Skin packaging refers to a type of carded packaging that involves placing a product between a plastic sheet and a paperboard backing. It helps extend the shelf-life, restricts bacterial growth, and seals the product tightly to prevent spillage, spoilage, and damage due to external factors. It also assists in retaining the flavor and quality of food items for extended periods and ensuring the safe transportation of products over long distances. Compared to its metal and glass counterparts, it is lightweight, versatile, efficient, and takes up less space, thus reducing transportation costs. As a result, skin packaging is widely used for packing various food items, consumer products, and industrial goods, such as tools, spare parts, and electronic components.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Skin Packaging Market Trends:
The rising sales of ready-to-eat (RTE) and convenience food products represent the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the surging popularity of online food delivery services due to rapid urbanization, busy lifestyles, and inflating consumer expenditure capacities has augmented the demand for food-grade skin packaging. Additionally, there has been widespread adoption of skin packaging by food manufacturers to prevent contamination and reduce the wastage of perishable food products. In line with this, the growing awareness regarding the benefits offered by skin packagings, such as better product visibility, easy-peel corners, and enhanced user convenience, is contributing to product sales. Furthermore, several key players are introducing innovative product variants that offer extended shelf life and preserve the nutritional value of the food item. Along with this, the increasing adoption of vacuum technology to draw the film into the package to retain the freshness of packed products has catalyzed market growth. Other factors, including the rising usage of biodegradable plastic films for skin packaging, ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, growing meat and seafood consumption, increasing sales of consumer goods, and product innovations, are also creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 14.0 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.3% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the base material, the market has been classified into plastic films, paper and paperboard, and others.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into carded and non-carded skin packaging.
- The market has been categorized based on the heat seal coating into water-based, solvent-based, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been divided into food, consumer goods, and industrial goods.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Sealed Air Corporation, DuPont de Nemours, Inc., Bemis Company, Inc., The DOW Chemical Company, WestRock group, Berry Global Inc., Clondalkin Group Holdings BV, LINPAC Packaging (KP Holding GmbH & Co. KG), DISPLAY PACK Inc., and G. Mondini SpA.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal