According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Smart Airport Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global smart airport market size reached US$ 30.7 Billion in 2022. A smart airport refers to an airport that incorporates advanced technologies and innovative solutions to enhance operational efficiency, improve passenger experience, and ensure safety and security. Smart airports leverage a range of interconnected systems, including the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), big data analytics, and automation, to streamline processes, optimize resource utilization, and offer personalized services. In a smart airport, various areas and operations are transformed through technology integration. This includes passenger processing, where self-service kiosks, biometric authentication, and mobile apps enable seamless and efficient check-in, baggage drop-off, security screening, and boarding processes. Additionally, smart airports focus on enhancing the overall passenger experience by providing personalized services, such as targeted retail offerings, location-based notifications, and real-time flight updates. Operational efficiency is a key aspect of smart airports. Advanced technologies enable real-time monitoring and management of airport infrastructure, including air traffic control, baggage handling systems, parking, and facility maintenance. Apart from safety and security, smart airports also prioritize emergency response systems, including real-time incident management, crisis communication, and evacuation procedures.
Global Smart Airport Market Trends:
The steady increase in global air passenger traffic represents one of the key factors driving the growth of the market across the globe. This, coupled with the widespread adoption of smart technologies and solutions to manage the rising number of passengers efficiently, improve security measures, and optimize overall operations, is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. The market is also driven by the rising focus of airport authorities on passenger experience by deploying smart technologies, including self-service kiosks, biometric authentication systems, mobile apps, and personalized services to streamline processes, such as check-in, baggage handling, security screening, and boarding. In line with this, significant advancements in technologies, such as the Internet of Things (IoT), artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, automation, and cloud computing, are contributing to the growth of the market. These innovations are widely deployed to streamline processes, improve decision-making, and deliver innovative services, which, in turn, is driving the growth of the market. In addition to this, the increasing emphasis on operational efficiency, along with real-time monitoring of airport systems, predictive maintenance of infrastructure, intelligent resource allocation, and automated decision-making processes are facilitating the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising use of advanced security systems, including biometric identification, facial recognition, and video surveillance, to enhance passenger safety and reduce security threats is driving the growth of the market. Other factors, including the increasing focus of the aviation industry on sustainability and reducing its environmental impact, increasing collaborations and connectivity, and the rising government regulations and initiatives to invest in smart technologies and systems, are creating a positive outlook for the market across the globe. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 56.1 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 10.8% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into airports 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0. Currently, airport 3.0 holds the largest market share across the globe.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been divided into large, medium and small. Presently, large is dominating the market worldwide.
- Based on the system, the market has been segmented into wearables, LPWAN and WLAN, tags and sensors, platforms, NFC, RFID and Bluetooth, wireless, and others.
- The market has been classified based on the operation into aeronautical and non-aeronautical. Currently, non-aeronautical holds the largest market share across the globe.
- Based on the end market, the market has been bifurcated into implementation, and upgrade and services. Presently, upgrade and services is dominating the market across the globe.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into airside, air traffic maintenance, aircraft maintenance, passenger screening and experience, digital video surveillance and management, building management, intelligent advertising, and others. Presently, airside holds the largest market share worldwide.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America is dominating the market across the globe.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Amadeus IT Group SA, Ascent Technology Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies Corporation), Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Indra Sistemas S.A., International Business Machines Corporation, Sabre Corp., Siemens AG, T-Systems International GmbH and Wipro Limited.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Size, System, Operation, End Market, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amadeus IT Group SA, Ascent Technology Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies Corporation), Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Indra Sistemas S.A., International Business Machines Corporation, Sabre Corp., Siemens AG, T-Systems International GmbH and Wipro Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800