According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Smart Airport Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global smart airport market size reached US$ 27.3 Billion in 2021. A smart airport employs connected technologies, such as the Internet of Things (IoT)-based devices, sensors, and global positioning system (GPS), for enhancing operational efficiency and passenger convenience. Some commonly used smart airport solutions include automated security gates, facial recognition for passenger identification at gates and checkpoints, automated luggage weighing and scanning, and real-time CCTV security surveillance. These solutions provide real-time data analytics, enable airlines to perform operations and other tasks digitally, optimize passenger flows and support the activities of the airport staff. In recent years, smart airports have been constructed in various countries as they offer self-service capabilities to passengers and improve their overall experience.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Smart Airport Market Trends:
The rising air traffic due to the growing leisure and business travel activities represents the primary factor driving the global market. Furthermore, airlines are increasingly shifting toward advanced solutions to improve passenger experience and keep up with the changing aviation dynamics and customer demands. This is another factor contributing to the market growth. These solutions assist in limiting physical contact, mitigating health risks, avoiding congestion, and effectively managing passenger and luggage processing systems. Besides this, the increasing investments in the construction of greenfield airports, along with the expansion and modernization of existing facilities, are further escalating the demand for smart airport solutions. Other factors, including the emerging trend of airport urbanism and multimodal transportation, technological advancements and favorable government initiatives, are also creating a favorable market outlook. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market to expand at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into airports 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0.
- On the basis of the size, the market has been divided into large, medium and small.
- Based on the system, the market has been segmented into wearables, LPWAN and WLAN, tags and sensors, platforms, NFC, RFID and Bluetooth, wireless, and others.
- The market has been classified based on the operation into aeronautical and non-aeronautical.
- Based on the end market, the market has been bifurcated into implementation, and upgrade and services.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into airside, air traffic maintenance, aircraft maintenance, passenger screening and experience, digital video surveillance and management, building management, intelligent advertising, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Amadeus IT Group, SA, Ascent Technology Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Collins Aerospace (Raytheon Technologies Corporation), Honeywell International Inc., Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., Indra Sistemas S.A., International Business Machines Corporation, Sabre Corporation, Siemens AG, T-Systems International GmbH and Wipro Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal