According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Sternal Closure Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global sternal closure systems market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2022-2027. Sternal closure systems refer to orthopedic devices that are used to stabilize and repair fractures of the anterior chest wall post-surgical procedures. These systems are further designed to support and close the sternum following sternotomies and sternal reconstruction procedures to promote fusion. Sternal closure systems include plates, wires, screws, and cables as standard devices that are manufactured from titanium and stainless steel materials, which ensure sternal immobility and prevent the risk of infections in bones. Apart from this, sternal closure systems help to enhance bone stability, promote healing, decrease postoperative complications, lessen the occurrence of deep sternal wound dehiscence in patients and reduce discomfort or pain while ensuring faster recovery. Based on these properties, sternal closure systems are utilized in median sternotomy, thoracosternotomy, and hemisternotomy procedures.
Global Sternal Closure Systems Market Trends:
The rising frequency of cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), especially amongst the geriatric population, has facilitated the number of open-heart surgeries, which is primarily driving the global sternal closure systems market toward growth. Moreover, the extensive utilization of median sternotomy procedures by medical practitioners has further contributed to the widespread adoption of sternal closure systems in the healthcare sector, which, in turn, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the advent of self-locking techniques to reduce reoperation risk and facilitate implant application and the escalating usage of biocompatible polymers, including tritium, nitonal, and polyetheretherketone (PEEK) for composing sternal closure systems are propelling the market growth. Furthermore, growing investments in public healthcare infrastructure and the development of minimal invasive median sternotomy procedures are favoring the market growth. Other factors, such as favorable medical reimbursement policies, and significant research and development (R&D) efforts to engineer advanced sternal closure systems with steel wires to reduce the risk of bone rupture and deep sternal wound infection, are creating a positive outlook for the market.
- Based on the procedure, the market has been divided into median sternotomy, hemisternotomy, bilateral thoracosternotomy, and others.
- On the basis of product, the market has been bifurcated into closure devices (wires, plates and screws, clips and cables, and others) and bone cement.
- Based on material, the market is segregated into titanium, polyether ether ketone (PEEK) (peek), stainless steel, and others.
- On the basis of end users, the market is categorized into hospitals and clinics, research institutes, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States
, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abyrx Inc., Acute Innovations (Acumed LLC), B. Braun Melsungen AG (B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co.KG), IDEAR S.R.L., Jace Medical LLC, Jeil Medical Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Kinamed Incorporated, KLS Martin Group, Orthofix Holdings Inc. and Zimmer Biomet.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800