IMARC Group's latest report, titled "Surgical Site Infection Control Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028", finds that the global surgical site infection control market size reached US$ 4.4 Billion in 2022. Surgical site infection (SSI) control comprises various measures and practices implemented in healthcare settings to prevent infections among patients during their hospital stay, particularly after surgery in the operated part of the body. These infections can lead to prolonged treatment stays and hinder surgical wound healing. It is essential to implement SSI control as infections can cause severe damage to organs, tissues, or implants. Hospitals often use a range of SSI control products, such as surgical drapes, gloves, disinfectants, skin preparation solutions, scrubs, hair covers, and medical nonwovens. Currently, SSI control finds extensive applications in the healthcare industry due to its ability to prevent infections, enhance patient care quality, and improve surgical outcomes and success rates.
Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market Trends:
The rising prevalence of chronic conditions, such as cancer, gastrointestinal disorders, and cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), owing to unhealthy lifestyle habits and an aging population, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. In addition, the surging number of hospital admissions is propelling the market growth. Moreover, SSI control products offer several benefits, including reducing hospital stays, minimizing patient discomfort, and eliminating the need for revision surgeries. In line with this, the increasing instances of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) are positively influencing the market growth. Additionally, the rising awareness regarding SSIs and the growing focus on infection prevention through proper control measures have catalyzed market growth. Besides this, several favorable initiatives by numerous governmental and non-governmental agencies, such as the introduction of stringent guidelines and training programs focused on infection control practices, are other major growth-inducing factors. Furthermore, the integration of SSI control products with advanced technologies is contributing to market growth. Other factors, including ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, an increasing number of patients undergoing surgical procedures, and improving healthcare infrastructure, are also anticipated to create a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 5.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been divided into antibiotic prophylaxis products, wound care dressings, surgical drapes, surgical clippers, antiseptics and disinfectants, wound irrigation products, and others.
- On the basis of the infection type, the market has been categorized into superficial incisional, deep incisional, and organ or space SSI.
- The market has been segmented based on the surgery type into cesarean section, gastric bypass, cataract surgery, dental restoration, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, Ansell Limited, Becton Dickinson and Company, bioMerieux SA (Institut Mérieux), Covalon Technologies Ltd., GAMA Healthcare Ltd., Getinge AB (Carl Bennet AB), Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Prescient Surgical, and Steris Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Infection Type, Surgery Type, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3M Company, Ansell Limited, Becton Dickinson and Company, bioMerieux SA. (Institut Mérieux), Covalon Technologies Ltd., GAMA Healthcare Ltd., Getinge AB (Carl Bennet AB), Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Prescient Surgical, Steris Corporation.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800