According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Tea Polyphenols Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global tea polyphenols market witnessed strong growth during 2012-2019. Tea polyphenols are chemical compounds that are naturally found in tea leaves. These compounds, including catechins, tannins and flavonoids, attribute the distinct flavor to green, black and other kinds of tea. Consisting of high concentrations of antioxidants, these polyphenols are known to reduce the risk of developing numerous chronic diseases, including cancer, diabetes and coronary artery disease. They also reduce the growth of bacteria in the stomach, enhance metabolism and improve the overall health of consumers. Apart from this, they find numerous applications in the field of biomedical science and the processing of meat- and fish-based products.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Tea Polyphenols Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the growing health consciousness among the masses. The increasing prevalence of lifestyle and chronic disorders, owing to the sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy dietary habits, has led to rising awareness regarding the significance of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Consequently, there is an increasing demand for nutraceuticals, which is providing a boost to the market growth. A significant increase in the geriatric population, along with the growing prevalence of neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease, among the elderly, acts as a major growth-inducing factor. As the consumption of these compounds aids in the prevention of several neurodegenerative diseases, it is contributing to the market growth.
Furthermore, these polyphenols are widely used in the cosmetics and personal care industry, owing to their numerous biological properties. Tea polyphenols are considered to be beneficial in reducing acne, skin darkening and signs of aging. This, along with the rising trend of maintaining a youthful physical appearance among both males and females, is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the rising adoption of tea polyphenols in various dietary supplements, ready-to-drink beverages and functional beverages, and their increasing usage in the research and biomedical sectors. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to register a CAGR of around 7% during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into green tea, oolong tea, black tea and other polyphenols.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into functional beverages, functional food, dietary supplements and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into mass retailers, direct selling, online retailers and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players are Ajinomoto OmniChem, Amax NutraSource Inc., Koninklijke DSM N.V., DuPont de Nemours, Inc., International Flavors & Fragrances Inc., FutureCeuticals, HERZA Chocolate GmbH & Co. KG, Indena S.p.A., Layn Corp., NATUREX SA, SEPPIC, S.A., and Tianjin Jianfeng Natural Product R&D Co. Ltd. (JF-NATURAL).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal