According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Tea Polyphenols Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global tea polyphenols market reached a value of US$ 378 Million in 2021. Tea polyphenols refer to various active polyphenolic compounds, such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), thearubigins, flavonoids, and theaflavins, that are naturally present in tea leaves. They are a rich source of antioxidants, which can aid in reducing the risks associated with various chronic diseases, such as blood pressure, cancer, scurvy, and cardiovascular ailments. Tea polyphenols also contain essential dietary fibers that are known to improve metabolism, thereby helping with weight management. On account of these properties, they are extensively used as a key ingredient in dietary supplements, organic colors, cosmetics, and other food and beverages applications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Tea Polyphenols Market Trends:
One of the key factors driving the global tea polyphenols market is the increasing prevalence of various chronic and lifestyle-based diseases due to sedentary lifestyles, hectic working schedules, and unhealthy eating habits. This, along with the rising health consciousness amongst consumers, is facilitating the demand for functional beverages and nutraceutical products, wherein it is used as a key component. In line with this, in response to the rising consumer demand for clean-label products, key players are continuously launching innovative product variants, which is aiding them in expanding their existing portfolio. For instance, in 2020, Layn Natural Ingredients, a China-based firm that specializes in plant-based ingredients, along with Chengdu Wagott Bio-tech Co, China’s largest exporter and producer of tea extracts introduced its range of non-genetically modified organism (GMO) product verified botanical extracts with high functional nutrients. This is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the extensive utilization of tea polyphenols in the production of several skin products on account of its several biological benefits is also contributing to the market growth. Other than this, easy product availability through the establishment of various online distribution channels is positively influencing the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 599.84 Million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 8.10% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into green, oolong, black and other tea polyphenols.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into functional beverages, functional food, dietary supplements, and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into mass retailers, direct selling, online retailers, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been classified into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Ajinamoto OmniChem Natural Specialty, Amax NutraSource Inc., DSM, DuPont-Danisco, Frutarom Ltd., FutureCeuticals, HERZA Schokolade GMBH & Co. KG, Indena SpA, Layn Natural Ingredients Corp, Naturex, Seppic, Tainjin, Jaifeng Natural Products, etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal