According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) market size reached US$ 2.7 Billion in 2022. Thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) is a versatile polymer material that belongs to the class of thermoplastic elastomers. It is synthesized through a reaction between diisocyanate and polyols, resulting in a linear polymer structure with alternating soft and hard segments. TPU is known for its excellent properties, including high tensile strength, abrasion resistance, elongation at break, flexibility, and durability. In addition to this, TPU offers resistance to oil, chemicals, and ultraviolet (UV) radiation, making it suitable for a range of applications, such as footwear, industrial belts, hoses, and seals. It can be melted and reprocessed multiple times into different shapes and sizes without significant degradation of its properties, further expanding its employment across numerous manufacturing processes, such as injection molding, extrusion, and blow molding.
Global Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Market Trends:
One of the prime factors fueling the market growth is the widespread product utilization in the footwear industry for manufacturing soles with anti-slip properties and abrasion resistance. Besides this, the increasing adoption of TPU in the automotive industry for manufacturing a wide range of automobile components, including airbags, doors, bumpers, seats, wiring, and anti-vibration panels, is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Moreover, the rising demand for biodegradable and eco-friendly plastics, combined with the implementation of numerous government initiatives promoting the adoption of sustainable products to reduce carbon footprint, is acting as another significant growth-inducing factor. Concurrent with this, TPU is being increasingly adopted as a substitute for polyvinyl chloride (PVC) in medical applications, such as mattresses, dental materials, and gel shoe orthotics, creating a positive outlook for the market growth. In addition to this, the expanding product application in manufacturing conveyor belts, electrical wires, power cable sheathing, equipment connectors, and drive belts is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, the growing product employment in textile products to produce heat-sealable fabrics and the surging demand for TPU-based sealants and adhesives with high green strength across various industries are aiding in market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.9 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 6.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been divided into polyester, polyether, and polycaprolactone. Currently, polyester dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on the raw material, the market is classified into polyols, diisocyanate, and diols. At present, polyols accounts for the majority of the global share.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into extruded products, injection molded products, adhesives, and others. Among these, extruded products represent the biggest market segment.
- Based on the end use industry, the market is categorized into construction, automotive, footwear, medical, electrical and electronics, heavy engineering, and others. At present, footwear is the biggest end use industry.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa. Currently, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being American Polyfilm Inc., BASF SE, Coim Group, Covestro AG, Epaflex Polyurethanes Spa, Hexpol AB, Huntsman International LLC, Kuraray Co. Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Sumei Chemical Co. Ltd., The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.), Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd.., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Raw Material, Application, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||American Polyfilm Inc., BASF SE, Coim Group, Covestro AG, Epaflex Polyurethanes Spa, Hexpol AB, Huntsman International LLC, Kuraray Co. Ltd., Mitsui Chemicals Inc., Sumei Chemical Co. Ltd., The Lubrizol Corporation (Berkshire Hathaway Inc.) and Wanhua Chemical Group Co. Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800