According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global transcatheter pulmonary valve market size reached US$ 80.8 Million in 2022. A transcatheter pulmonary valve (TPV) is a medical device used to treat certain congenital heart defects that affect the pulmonary valve, which is responsible for regulating blood flow between the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery. The TPV is designed to replace a dysfunctional or absent pulmonary valve without the need for open-heart surgery. The TPV procedure involves inserting a collapsible valve into a catheter, which is then threaded through a blood vessel, usually the femoral vein, and guided to the site of the pulmonary valve. The TPV procedure continues to evolve and improve, providing new possibilities for patients with pulmonary valve disorders, enhancing their quality of life, and reducing the need for repeat surgeries. It offers a less invasive alternative to open-heart surgery, allowing for valve replacement or repair in a less traumatic manner.
Global Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by the rising incidences of various cardiovascular diseases (CVDs), such as rheumatic heart disorders, hypertensive heart diseases, and cerebrovascular diseases. Moreover, the growing preference for minimally invasive procedures among patients and healthcare providers, as transcatheter pulmonary valve replacement (TPVR) offers a less invasive alternative to open-heart surgery for patients with pulmonary valve dysfunction, fueling the demand for the transcatheter pulmonary valve. Besides this, continual advancements in transcatheter valve technology, including valve design, delivery systems, and imaging guidance, have improved the safety, efficacy, and outcomes of TPVR procedures, thus creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, ongoing innovations, such as self-expanding valves, improved delivery systems, and enhanced imaging techniques are acting as growth-inducing factors. Furthermore, the increasing awareness and education campaigns focused on congenital heart defects, available treatment options, and advancements in transcatheter pulmonary valve interventions are positively influencing the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 137.91 Million by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 9.23% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into balloon-expanded and self-expanded transcatheter valves. Currently, the balloon-expanded transcatheter valve represents the largest market segment.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been divided into tissue engineered and synthetic. Among these, tissue engineered exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into tetralogy of fallot, cardiac anomaly, pulmonary atresia, pulmonary stenosis, pulmonary regurgitation, truncus arteriosus, and others. Among these, tetralogy of fallot accounts for the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been divided into adult and pediatric. Among these adult exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. Among these, North America holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Artivion Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Braile Biomédica, Colibri Heart Valve LLC, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, JenaValve Technology Inc., Labcor Laboratórios Ltda., Medtronic plc and Venus Medtech (Hangzhou) Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Balloon-Expanded Transcatheter Valve, Self-Expanded Transcatheter Valve
|Raw Materials Covered
||Tissue Engineered, Synthetic
||Tetralogy of Fallot, Cardiac Anomaly, Pulmonary Atresia, Pulmonary Stenosis, Pulmonary Regurgitation, Truncus Arteriosus, Others
|End Users Covered
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, Artivion Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Braile Biomédica, Colibri Heart Valve LLC, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation, JenaValve Technology Inc., Labcor Laboratórios Ltda., Medtronic plc, Venus Medtech (Hangzhou) Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800