According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Transfection Technologies Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global transfection technologies market reached a value of US$ 1,080.2 Million in 2022. Transfection is a process involving the introduction of foreign nucleic acids, such as Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA), Ribonucleic Acid (RNA) and oligonucleotides, into the eukaryotic cells by nonviral methods. It is done by using various physical, chemical and biological methods to modify certain properties of the cell. It is widely used for genomic studies, including cell representation, RNA interference and in vitro research. Apart from this, it can also be employed for the bio-production of vaccines and proteins. The utilization of innovative transfection technologies has led to their increasing applications in drug discovery, target validation and cellular research.
Global Transfection Technologies Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing incidences of cancer and various lifestyle disorders. The process of transfection is widely used for the development of stem cell and gene-based therapies, which are widely used for the treatment of numerous medical ailments. Apart from this, reagent-based transfection methods are gaining widespread prominence across the globe as they are not only affordable but are also easier to administer in the patient’s body. This, along with the increasing research and development (R&D) in the field of cell-based therapies, is providing a thrust to the market growth. The market is further driven by the incorporation of advanced methods with transfection technologies. This has enabled researchers to analyze the function of a particular gene or gene product by enhancing or inhibiting its expression. Moreover, these improvements have enabled them to study the function of multiple genes simultaneously within a cell, as well as to upscale the production of recombinant proteins. There have also been significant advancements in recombinant technology and proteomics, which is further creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the development of novel techniques used for transient transfection with improved stability and minimal off-target effects, along with the increasing investments by both the private and government organizations to develop large scale transfection facilities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into reagent, instrument and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into therapeutic delivery, bio-medical research, protein production and others.
- On the basis of the transfection method, the market has been categorized into lipofection, eletroporation, nucleofection, cotransfection, cationic lipid transfection, in-vivo transfection and others.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segmented into physical, biochemical based and viral-vector based transfection.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been divided into research centers and academic institutes, hospitals and clinics, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-RAD Laboratories, Inc., Lonza Group AG, Maxcyte, Inc., Mirus Bio LLC, Polyplus Transfection, Promega Corporation, Roche Holding AG, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Application, Transfection Method, Technology, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-RAD Laboratories Inc., Lonza Group AG, Maxcyte Inc., Mirus Bio LLC, Polyplus Transfection, Promega Corporation, Roche Holding AG, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800