According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Transformerless UPS Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the global transformerless UPS market reached US$ 1.5 Billion in 2020. An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) is an electrical apparatus that provides emergency battery backup when the primary power source fails. It is generally used to protect hardware, such as computers, telecommunication equipment, and other electrical devices, from business disruption and data loss caused by sudden power loss. Transformerless UPS systems employ insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs), which improve energy efficiency. As compared to transformer-based UPS, these systems are lightweight, have a smaller carbon footprint and incur reduced operating costs.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Transformerless UPS Market Trends:
The escalating demand for energy-efficient power solutions is one of the key factors driving the market. Moreover, the increasing deployment of these systems in the telecommunication, industrial and commercial sectors for a consistent power supply is contributing to the market growth. Additionally, manufacturers are enhancing the design of transformerless UPS by integrating them with temperature sensors that enable direct thermal IGBT control. Along with this, rising investments in the power sector, specifically in emerging economies, are creating a positive outlook for the market further. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach US$ 2.94 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 12.58% during 2021-2026.
- Based on the component type, the market has been divided into rectifiers, batteries, inverters, static switches, and others.
- On the basis of the power, the market has been segmented into 10-100, 101-250, and more than 250 KVA.
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been classified into BFSI, telecommunication, government, manufacturing, transportation, healthcare, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being ABB Ltd., Borri S.p.A, Eaton Corporation Plc, Emerson Electric Co., General Electric Company, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, RPS S.p.A. (Riello Elettronica S.p.A.), Schneider Electric, Shenzhen Kstar Science & Technology Co. Ltd. and Toshiba Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal