According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser (VCSEL) Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global VCSEL market reached a value of US$ 1.7 Billion in 2022. Vertical cavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) refers to a semiconductor-based laser diode-emitting optical beam that emits optical rays perpendicular to the surface of the substrate. It consists of a laser diode and a monolithic resonator that emits light to the chip or laser surface. It is widely used in datacom applications, facial recognition and depth camera, optical mouse, iris scans, proximity sensing, laser autofocus and gesture recognition applications. VCSEL is also used as a transmitter in optical fiber communications as it can be modulated with high frequencies. It offers numerous advantages, such as uniformity, temperature sensitivity, wavelength stability and spectral width. It is also capable of providing unmatched scalability and is highly cost-effective. As a result, VCSEL finds extensive applications across automotive, medical, telecommunications, aerospace, and defense industries.
Global Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Laser Market Trends:
The widespread product adoption in consumer electronics and the increasing demand for miniaturization of electronic devices across the globe are creating a positive outlook for the market. VCSEL is widely used to deliver thin profiles, high-resolution, larger displays for high-speed data cables that connect a screen to remotely located electronics. Additionally, the increasing product utilization in the automotive industry for manufacturing various sensing applications, such as driver fatigue detection and facial and gesture recognition, is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the widespread adoption of VCSEL in data centers due to the increasing adoption of emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) and the Internet of Things (IoT), which, in turn, has accelerated data traffic rates, are providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the growing instances of security breaches and increasing utilization of biometric systems in various organizations are further augmenting the market growth. Other factors, including the rising product demand in medical diagnostic applications and the widespread product utilization in light detection and ranging (LIDAR) technology, are anticipated to drive the market further toward growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 4.5 Billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 17.4% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into multi-mode VCSEL and single-mode VCSEL.
- Based on the material, the market has been segmented into gallium arsenide, gallium nitride, indium phosphide and others.
- On the basis of the wavelength, the market has been segregated into red (650-750 nm), near-infrared (750-1400 nm) and shortwave-infrared (1400-3000 nm).
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into sensing, data communication, industrial heating, laser printing, LiDAR, pulse oximetry and others.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been segregated into telecom, mobile and consumer, automotive, medical, aerospace and defense and others.
- Based on region, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include ams AG, Broadcom Inc., II-VI Incorporated, Inneos LLC, IQE Plc, Leonardo Electronics US Inc., Lumentum Operations LLC, Teledyne FLIR LLC (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), The TRUMPF Group, TT Electronics Plc, Vertilas GmbH and Vertilite Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal