The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Viral Vector Manufacturing Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the global viral vector manufacturing market size reached US$ 961 Million in 2022. A viral vector is a tool used to deliver genetic material into cells. This process is performed inside a living organism (in vivo) or in cell culture (in vitro). It is widely used in gene and cell therapy to replace defective genes with functional genes. Besides this, viral vectors are also utilized to treat different diseases, such as heart defects, metabolic diseases, neurodegenerative disorders, and oncolytic therapies, to target and kill tumor cells. In recent years, there has been a significant rise in viral vector manufacturing due to the rising prevalence of genetic disorders.
Global Viral Vector Manufacturing Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising number of cancer patients across the globe as viral vectors are used in suicide gene therapy, oncolytic virotherapy, anti-angiogenesis, and therapeutic gene vaccines to treat a wide range of cancers. In addition, the increasing number of clinical studies undertaken on viral vectors is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, as viral vectors are efficient carriers of virus-disabling sequences, they are widely used to deliver HIV-inhibiting transgenes to human hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs). This, coupled with the rising utilization of viral vectors in novel drug delivery, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the introduction of advanced therapies, the rising number of gene therapy-based research and development (R&D) activities, and the increasing manufacturing capacities of key players are anticipated to propel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 3,975 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 24.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into adenoviral, adeno-associated, lentiviral, retroviral, and other viral vectors.
- On the basis of the disease, the market has been classified into cancer, genetic disorders, infectious diseases, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been bifurcated into gene therapy and vaccinology.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been categorized into pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies, and research institutes.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Cognate BioServices Inc. (Charles River Laboratories International Inc.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, FinVector Oy, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. (Kaneka Corporation), Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Oxford Biomedica plc, REGENXBIO Inc., Sanofi S.A., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and uniQure N.V.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Disease, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Cognate BioServices Inc. (Charles River Laboratories International Inc.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, FinVector Oy, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Kaneka Eurogentec S.A. (Kaneka Corporation), Lonza Group AG, Merck KGaA, Oxford Biomedica plc, REGENXBIO Inc., Sanofi S.A., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and uniQure N.V.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800