IMARC Group’s latest report, entitled “Wheatgrass Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, finds that the global wheatgrass market reached a volume of 3,100 Tons in 2017. Wheatgrass refers to young grass of the wheat plant which is available for human and animal consumption in both powder and juice form. It has a significant amount of vitamin E, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, copper, manganese and zinc. Wheatgrass helps in stimulating metabolism, restoring healthy cells, cleansing colon, purifying blood, and detoxifying the liver. It can be consumed on its own as a drink, or taken in combination with other juices or supplements as a healthy, functional and therapeutical beverage. Apart from its applications in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries, wheatgrass products are now being infused in skin care products as a natural green colorant and to treat different skin conditions ranging from chapped lips, acne and eczema to athlete's foot, haemorrhoids, wounds and psoriasis.
Global Wheatgrass Market Trends:
Along with its nutritional benefits, wheatgrass consumption has also been known to help in curing numerous health disorders including diabetes, cancer, arthritis, respiratory tract problems, etc. Moreover, due to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties as well as the presence of biologically active compounds and minerals, wheatgrass has been useful in treating various clinical conditions such as hemoglobin deficiency. Further, wheatgrass products are widely consumed by physically active consumers and athletes as they provide them with essential nutrition required for enhancing stamina and endurance. Additionally, the manufacturers are extending their research and development activities in order to introduce new wheatgrass product formulations such as capsules and tablets, making them easy and convenient to consume. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach a volume of 4,295 Tons by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2018-2023.
Global Wheatgrass Market Summary:
- Based on product, the market has been segmented as wheatgrass powder and wheatgrass liquid. Currently, wheatgrass liquid represents the most popular product type, accounting for the majority of the global share.
- On the basis of application, the health and nutrition segment holds the largest market share. Other major application segments include pharmaceuticals, and food and beverages.
- The market has also been segregated on the basis of raw material into organic and regular wheatgrass. Amongst these, organic wheatgrass dominates the market, on account of its superior health benefits.
- Region-wise, North America is the leading market for wheatgrass, followed by Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the global wheatgrass market has also been analyzed along with the profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal