According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Wheatgrass Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global wheatgrass market exhibited moderate growth during 2015-2020. Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant Triticum aestivum found in the temperate regions across Europe and the United States. It is a rich source of iron, calcium, proteins, enzymes, magnesium, phytonutrients, amino acids, chlorophyll, and vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex. As a result, wheatgrass offers various health benefits, including blood purification, wound healing and restoration of healthy cells. Nowadays, it is also widely utilized as a key ingredient in juice, capsules, powder, pills and tablets in several dietary supplements.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Wheatgrass Market Trends:
The rising awareness among health-conscious consumers about the health benefits of wheatgrass consumption represents the primary factor driving the market. Wheatgrass helps treat numerous health disorders such as cancer, arthritis, diabetes, inflammation, parasitic infections and respiratory tract problems. Furthermore, wheatgrass products are extensively utilized by the geriatric population to improve their immune system and overall physical health, which, in turn, is impelling the market growth. In addition to this, wheatgrass is now being widely used in the personal care industry to treat different skin conditions, including acne, eczema, wounds, psoriasis, chapped lips, athlete's foot and hemorrhoids. Moreover, several leading manufacturers are also introducing organic variants produced without the use of artificial additives and chemical fertilizers. They are also launching innovative variants such as flavored products with improved shelf life and portable packaging. On account of these factors, the market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6% during 2021-2026.
- The market has been segmented based on the raw material into regular or organic wheatgrass. Currently, organic wheatgrass dominates the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segmented into wheatgrass liquid and powder. At present, wheatgrass liquid represents the most popular product.
- Based on the application, the health and nutrition segment accounts for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include pharmaceuticals, and food and beverages.
- Region-wise, North America exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions are Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report, with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in it.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal