The latest report by IMARC Group, entitled “Wheatgrass Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, finds that the global wheatgrass market size reached 3,267 Tons in 2018. Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant Triticum aestivum that is most commonly found in the temperate regions across Europe and the United States. It is rich in iron, calcium, enzymes, magnesium, phytonutrients, amino acids, proteins, chlorophyll, and vitamins A, C, E, K, and B complex. As a result, it offers numerous health benefits including wound healing, blood purification, and restoration of healthy cells. It also aids in treating various health disorders such as cancer, arthritis, diabetes, inflammation, parasitic infections and respiratory tract problems. Owing to these benefits, it is widely utilized as a key ingredient in several dietary supplements in the form of juice, capsules, powder, pills and tablets.
Global Wheatgrass Market Trends:
On account of the numerous health benefits offered by the consumption of wheatgrass, it is constantly gaining popularity amongst the health-conscious consumers across the globe. Furthermore, wheatgrass products are extensively utilized by the aging population for improving their immune system and overall physical health, which in turn, is strengthening the market growth. In addition to this, wheatgrass is now being widely utilized in the personal care industry to treat different skin conditions including acne, eczema, wounds, psoriasis, chapped lips, athlete's foot and hemorrhoids. Manufacturers are also introducing organic variants that are produced without the use of artificial additives and chemical fertilizers. Apart from this, they are also launching innovative variants such as flavored products with improved shelf life and portable packaging. On account of the aforementioned factors, the wheatgrass market is anticipated to reach a volume of 4,527 Tons by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% during 2019-2024.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been bifurcated into powder and liquid. Amongst these, wheatgrass liquid is the most preferred product type.
- Based on the application, the health and nutrition segment accounts for the majority of the total market share. Other major segments include pharmaceuticals, and food and beverages.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been divided into organic and regular wheatgrass. Currently, organic wheatgrass exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- On the geographical front, North America holds the leading position in the market. Other key regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been studied along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal