According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “United States Hand Sanitizer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, the United States hand sanitizer market size reached US$ 1,679.3 Million in 2021. A hand sanitizer refers to a disinfectant and antiseptic that kills pathogens and disease-causing microorganisms, such as viruses, bacteria, and fungi. The majority of hand sanitizers contain alcohol, usually isopropyl alcohol, ethanol, or propanol. Typically, they come in gel, foam, or liquid form and are applied to clean and protect the palms and fingers. Alcohol-based hand sanitizers are able to eliminate microorganisms after immediate application without the use of water. Pumps and dispenser systems are designed to ensure hand sanitizers are dispensed in an uncontaminated way, thus ensuring their effectiveness.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
United States Hand Sanitizer Market Trends:
The market in the United States is primarily driven by an enhanced focus on sanitation and personal hygiene among the masses. This can be attributed to hectic consumer lifestyles resulting in the escalating demand for portable and convenient hygiene products. Also, the rapid outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in a considerable rise in precautionary practices across public facilities in the country, thereby resulting a higher product uptake. Moreover, innovative marketing strategies adopted by key market players, such as attractive packaging and a diverse range of fragrances, are creating a positive market outlook. Apart from this, the rapid utilization of natural ingredients, such as tea tree oil, aloe vera and lemongrass, in the formulation of sanitizers is further providing an impetus to the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization, easy product availability via online and offline organized retail channels, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 792.5 Million by 2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into alcohol and non-alcohol.
- On the basis of the product form, the market has been divided into gel, liquid, foam, spray and others.
- On the basis of the end-user, the market has been categorized into hospitals, households, restaurants and hotels, and others.
- Based on the ingredient, the market has been classified into natural, organic, and synthetic.
- Based on the pack size, the market has been classified into small, medium, and large.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into pharmacies, supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, online, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal