IMARC Group, one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, in its new report “Biosimilar/Follow-on Biologics Market Report & Forecast: A Focus on the US (2011-2020)” finds that biosimilars in the US will soon represent a multi-billion dollar market as they would be posing stiff competition to as many as twenty biological molecules during 2011-2020.
Findings from the report suggest that the historical performance of Omnitrope cannot be taken as a benchmark to gauge the potential of pipeline biosimilars as market acceptance for each biosimilar class is expected to vary significantly from one another. The report expects that the competition between branded biological drugs and their biosimilar counterparts would be more of a brand-brand competition than a brand-generic competition. The high costs involved in the development and launch of biosimilars are expected to limit the number of players in this market. As a result, erosions in price and volume caused by biosimilars are likely to be lower compared to those created by small molecule generics.
IMARC’s new report entitled “Biosimilar/Follow-on Biologics Market Report & Forecast: A Focus on the US (2011-2020)” provides an analytical and statistical insight into the US biosimilar market. The study, that has been undertaken using desk-based as well as qualitative primary research, provides and draws upon analysis of six aspects of the US biosimilar market.
Key Aspects Analyzed:
- Evaluating the Current Market Landscape of Biosimilars:
- Identification of currently marketed biosimilars and their historical performance;
- Identifying the reasons for the slow uptake of currently marketed biosimilars;
- Analyzing historical data to formulate conclusions on the future growth and market trends of biosimilars.
Evaluating the Extent of Price, Sales and Volume Erosions Caused by Biosimilars:
- Analyzing historical time series data on price, volume and sales erosion in the US & Europe;
- Analyzing previous models and assumptions on price and volume erosion caused by biosimilars;
- Evaluating and comparing price and volume erosion created by biosimilars vis-a-vis by small molecule generics;
- Evaluating and comparing price, volume and sales erosion by biosimilars across various biological classes.
Evaluating the Market Potential of Biosimilars Across Various Molecules:
Molecules Covered: Somatropin (Genotropin/Humatrope/Other HGH), Epoetin Alfa (Epogen/Eprex), Filgrastim (Neupogen), Pegfilgrastim (Neulasta), Insulin Lispro (Humalog), Insulin Glargine (Lantus), Insulin Detemir (Levemir), Interferon Beta-1A (Avonex), Interferon Beta-1A (Rebif), Interferon Beta-1B (Betaferon), Bevacizumab (Avastin), Trastuzumab (Herceptin), Rituximab (Mabthera/Rituxan), Cetuximab (Erbitux), Etanercept (Enbrel), Infliximab (Remicade), Adalimumab (Humira), Ranibizumab (Lucentis), Omalizumab (Xolair) and Natalizumab (Tysabri).
Focus of the Analysis for Each Molecule:
- Historical background and overview;
- Historical brand sales;
- Patent position;
- Competing products;
- Biosimilars in pipeline;
- Brand and biosimilar sales forecasts.
Evaluating the Sales of Biosimilars across Various Indications:
Indications Covered: Immunology & Inflammation, Diabetes, Oncology, Blood Disorders and Growth Deficiency
Focus of the Analysis for Each Indication:
- Historical brand sales;
- Brand and biosimilar sales forecasts;
- Indication wise breakup of molecules.
Evaluating the Biosimilar Competitive Landscape:
- Identifying branded biological manufacturers that expect the highest amount of erosion from biosimilars;
- Identifying biosimilar manufacturers and their pipelines.
Understanding the Current Legislation on Biosimilars:
- An insight into the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act;
- An insight into the key biosimilar issues that still remain unaddressed;
- Interchangeability and Substitutability;
- Data Exclusivity.
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group North America
IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa
To know more about biosimilar market, please visit: https://www.imarcgroup.com/biosimilar-market