The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Packaged Jaggery Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India packaged jaggery market size reached INR 48.7 Billion in 2021. Jaggery is a type of unrefined sugar extracted from sugar cane juice, date, or palm sap. It contains sucrose, fructose, protein, fat, iron, magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc, phosphorus, and copper and is considered a healthier alternative to refined sugar. It also increases the blood hemoglobin levels, reduces water retention, prevents anemia, lower rheumatic afflictions, boost immunity, and regulate blood glucose levels. Owing to these benefits, different types of jaggery, such as coconut, date, and palm jaggery, are widely used in India to prepare traditional desserts and alcoholic drinks.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Packaged Jaggery Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising consumer consciousness toward food hygiene and cleanliness. In addition, the growing awareness regarding numerous health benefits associated with jaggery represents another major growth-inducing factor. Besides this, jaggery is widely utilized as a sweetener, flavoring agent, and color enhancer in various traditional Indian desserts. This, coupled with the escalating demand for clean-label and organic product variants with no added colors, synthetic flavors and preservatives, is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, with the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, individuals are adopting packaged variants over open and loose jaggery to mitigate the risk of infection. Furthermore, the easy product availability across brick-and-mortar and e-commerce platforms, and the introduction of numerous stringent norms by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) are surging the sales of packaged jaggery across the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach INR 107.6 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 14.2% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been categorized into sugarcane, palm, and coconut jaggery.
- Based on the form, the market has been segregated into powder/granules, block, and liquid.
- On the basis of the pack type, the market has been classified into plastic pouches, jars, and others.
- Based on the pack size, the market has been segmented into 500 grams, 1000 grams, 250 grams, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into general trade, modern trade, and online.
- On the geographical front, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, with some of the key players being 24 Mantra Organic, A.K.S. Trading Corporations, B&B Organics, Desi Village Agro Foods India (P) Ltd, Dhampur Green, Geographical Indications Tagged World Premium Products Pvt Ltd, Maple Leaf Project, Miltop Exports, Nutriplato, Organic India Pvt Ltd (Fab India), Organic Tattva (Mehrotra Consumer Products Pvt.), Patanjali Ayurveda Limited, Sriveda Sattva Private Limited, Truefarm Foods, Two Brothers Organic Farms and Vayam Technologies Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA – Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800