The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Indian Frozen Potato Products Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the Indian frozen potato products market size reached US$ 1.23 Billion in 2021. Frozen potato products are snack food items that are made from potatoes. They are usually baked or fried items like wedges, French fries, patties, and hash brown. In India, potatoes are a staple crop that is widely produced and consumed as an accompaniment with lunch or dinner or can be consumed as elaborate dishes. They are gaining popularity among individuals as a convenient and quick snack that requires minimal effort for preparation. In recent years, the demand for frozen potato products has escalated as they are a rich source of nutrients and vitamins. They offer longer shelf life, are easy to store, and aid in portion control for regulating intake.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Indian Frozen Potato Products Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing shift in dietary preferences and hectic lifestyles that have increased the consumption of fast food and ready-to-eat products among individuals. In addition, the growing number of key food chains such as KFC, McDonald’s, and Burger King are also fueling the growth of the market as frozen potato products are widely utilized across food chains and restaurants. Besides this, the growing dependence on ready-made products by nuclear families and young professionals that live alone are significantly influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the ongoing changes in lifestyle and rapid urbanization are also escalating the demand for frozen potato products across India. Moreover, the introduction of new product variants with different flavors has attracted a larger consumer base for frozen potato products, which is creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.1% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into French fries, tikkis, potato wedges, potato bites, smileys and others. Currently, French fries dominate the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end use, food service represents the largest segment, accounting for around two-thirds of the total market share.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into business-to-business, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, departmental stores, online, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North, West and Central, South, and East India. Amongst these, North India holds the majority of the total market share, representing the biggest market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being McCain Foods (India) Private Ltd., Hyfun Frozen Foods Private Ltd., Iscon Balaji Foods Private Limited, Golden Fries Limited and Bhanu Farms.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal