As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Indian Tiles, Sanitary Ware and Bathroom Fittings Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the Indian tiles, sanitary ware and bathroom fittings market size reached US$ 6.56 Billion in 2018, growing at a CAGR of 11.2% during 2011-2018. Sanitation represents one of the foundations that define advancements in society. Due to sustained public and private measures and improving standards of living in recent years, the level of sanitation in India has increased manifolds. These factors consequently have created a huge market for products used in the construction of public sanitation facilities as well as domestic bathrooms and toilets.
Indian Tiles, Sanitary Ware and Bathroom Fittings Market Trends:
One of the primary factors that are strengthening the growth of the market is the introduction of numerous initiatives by the Government of India including the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Housing for All by 2022 and Smart Cities Mission. For instance, the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan aims to make India ‘open defecation free’ by the end of 2019. It continues to improve awareness about the benefits of sanitation among individuals, especially in rural parts of the country. Apart from this, the growth in the tourism and hospitality sectors, owing to rising tourist inflow, has also provided a thrust to the market growth. Further, the revival of the real estate sector is envisaged to create an attractive market for tiles, sanitary ware and bathroom fittings in the upcoming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 11.45 Billion by 2024, expanding at a CAGR of 9.6% during 2019-2024.
Indian Tiles Market Summary:
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into ceramic and vitrified tiles. At present, vitrified tiles represent the most widely used product in India.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into the residential, commercial, institutional and other sectors. Currently, the residential sector exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into floor and wall tiles. Floor tiles presently hold the biggest share.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the organized and unorganized sector, wherein the organized industry dominates the market.
Indian Bathroom Fitting Market Summary:
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been divided into faucets, shower fittings, thermostats and others. At present, faucets represent the most popular bathroom fitting in India.
- Based on the end use, the market has been classified into the residential, institutional, commercial and other sectors. Amongst these, the residential sector exhibits a clear dominance.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the organized and unorganized sector wherein the unorganized segment holds the dominant share.
Indian Sanitary Ware Market Summary:
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been segregated into toilets, urinals, basins, bathtubs and others. At present, toilets represent the most popular type of sanitary ware.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segmented into residential, institutional, commercial and others. The residential sector currently accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the organized and unorganized sector, organized segment exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
Region-wise, Maharashtra represents the largest market for tiles, sanitary ware and bathroom fittings in India. Other major markets include Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, Karnataka, Gujarat and Delhi.
- The competitive landscape of the Indian tiles market has been examined with some of the key players being Kajaria Ceramics Limited, Somany Ceramics Limited, H. & R. Johnson (India) Limited, Asian Granito India Limited and Simpolo Vitrified Private Limited.
- The competitive landscape of the Indian sanitary ware and bathroom fittings market has also been examined in the report. Some of the key players operating in the industry include HSIL Limited, Parryware Bathroom Products Private Limited, Cera Sanitaryware Limited and Jaquar And Company Private Limited and Grohe India Pvt. Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal