According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "North America Digital Pen Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the North America digital pen market grew at a CAGR of around 12% during 2014-2019. Digital pens refer to electronic ballpoint devices that assist users in capturing handwritten notes and drawings in a digital format. They are equipped with inbuilt scanners and character recognition software that aid in understanding and displaying handwritten notes, characters and illustrations on the digital screen. Some of the most prominent features of these pens include input buttons, touch sensitivity, in-built memory and electronic erasing capability. These devices are commonly synced with several smart devices, such as tablets, laptops and smartphones, which vary according to their inbuilt operating systems. They are widely used across numerous industry verticals, including IT, healthcare and education, for a vast array of applications.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
North America Digital Pen Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing product demand from the education sector in the North American region. There is a growing utilization of technologically advanced tools in the education sector to facilitate interactive learning experiences in schools and colleges, which is providing a boost to the sales of digital pens. Numerous players are also introducing trackball and accelerometer digital pens that offer improved motion detection over traditionally used counterparts, thereby gaining widespread prominence among users. Moreover, the utilization of smart devices in daily activities and the rising trend of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) in multiple organizations are contributing to the market growth. Digital pens are widely being used for design and art-related applications due to the enhanced convenience offered by these devices while creating freehand illustrations and designs. The strong foothold of digital culture with illustrative representations in the entertainment and media sector across the region is, therefore, creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, these devices are also being employed for virtual training across various sectors on account of the rapid outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Looking forward, the market is anticipated to witness double-digit growth during 2020-2025.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into handwriting and scanning.
- Based on the platform, the market has been divided into android, windows and iOS.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been categorized into accelerometer, active, positional, camera, and trackball digital pens.
- Based on the compatibility, the market has been segmented into multiple and single operating systems.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into clinical documentation, education, billing and back office, communication, and others.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segregated into BFSI, healthcare, government, IT and telecom, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been bifurcated into the United States and Canada.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Apple Inc., Canon Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Anoto AB, Microsoft Corporation, D’Ieteren SA/NV, NeoLAB Convergence Inc., STAEDTLER Mars GmbH & Co. KG, Toshiba Corporation, and Wacom Technology Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800