According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Quinoa Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India quinoa market reached a volume of 49,026.2 Tons in 2021. Quinoa is a food item that is generally obtained from the seed of the Chenopodium quinoa plant. It is a gluten-free food product that is widely used in the preparation of fried rice, salads and protein shake to replace grains. It is a rich source of a higher amount of protein, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamins and minerals, and antioxidants. Additionally, it also contains plant compounds that enhance its flavor and health effects, such as saponin, quercetin, kaempferol, oxalates, phytic acid and squalene. In India, there has been a considerable rise in the consumption of quinoa due to the increasing popularity of western food trends.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Quinoa Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by the growing health consciousness among the masses. This is supported by the changing dietary patterns and the increasing preferences for leading a healthy lifestyle among individuals. Along with this, the rising prevalence of celiac diseases and the widespread popularity of vegan, low-calorie and gluten-free diets among the masses are creating a positive market outlook. Moreover, the shifting preferences toward convenient food items due to the hectic schedules of working professionals are providing a boost to the demand for quinoa across the country. Apart from this, several leading players are heavily investing in launching quinoa-based bread, noodles, pasta and cookies and introducing ready-to-eat food variants, which are gaining prominence among individuals. Additionally, easy product availability via online and offline organized retail channels and the advent of home delivery models are further providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including rapid urbanization and the penetration of social media platforms, are also positively influencing the market across India. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a volume of 189,196.2 Tons by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 25.3% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been categorized into organic and conventional.
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into red quinoa, black quinoa, white quinoa and others.
- On the basis of the end-use, the market has been bifurcated into ingredient and packaged food.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into food and beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, animal feed, and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, traditional retail stores, convenience stores, online and others.
- Based on the state, the market has been divided into Rajasthan, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Himachal Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Haryana and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Agrophilia, Kilaru Naturals Private Limited, KRBL Limited, Organic India Private Limited, Queens Quinoa, Quessentials Private Limited, Rapid Organic Pvt. Ltd, Shubhlaxmi Industries and True Elements.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800