IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “UAE Pet Food Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the UAE pet food market reached a value of US$
89.6 Million in 2021. In the UAE, the pet humanization trend is becoming popular and has led owners to consider their pets as members of the family. This evolution of the relationship between pets and their owners has led to an increase in the awareness about the pet’s health and nutrition. As a result, there has been a rise in the demand for pet food which meets the nutritional requirements of these pets. Moreover, with expanding online retailing services and the growing number of pet shops, the sales of pet food have increased in recent years.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
UAE Pet Food Market Trends:
In line with the growing concerns of owners regarding the health of their pets, the manufacturers have started producing pet food that is healthy, palatable and meets the nutritional requirements of different breeds. They are also developing pet food which aids in reducing or controlling weight and avoiding obesity. Additionally, several restaurants, parks and hotels in the UAE, particularly in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, have now allowed the entry of pets and even started offering special menus and services for them. The growing acceptance of pets in the UAE is expected to bolster the sales of pet food in the upcoming years. By 2027, the market is projected to reach a value of US$
129.4 Million, expanding at a CAGR of
6.16% during 2022-2027.
- Based on pet food types, cat food is the leading type of pet food in the UAE, owing to the preference for cats in the region.
- On the basis of product types, the market has been segregated into dry food, wet and canned food, and snacks and treats. Amongst these, dry food dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- The market has further been segmented on the basis of the ingredient type into animal, plant and cereal derivatives. Currently, animal derivatives represent the most preferred ingredients used in pet food.
- Based on distribution channels, convenience stores represent the largest distribution channel, accounting for the majority of the overall market share. Other major channels of distributing pet food include supermarkets and hypermarkets, and online stores.
- The competitive landscape of the UAE pet food industry has also been examined along with the detailed profiles of the leading players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel No: +1-631-791-1145
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal