The global 2D gesture recognition market size reached US$ 108.0 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 457.4 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 25.70% during 2023-2028. The increasing adoption of the solution in the automotive industry, rapid technological advancements, significant growth in the healthcare industry, rising demand for hands-free operations, and enhanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
2D gesture recognition is the process of identifying and interpreting human gestures in a two-dimensional space using a camera or other imaging device. It involves the use of computer vision and machine learning (ML) techniques to recognize and analyze the motion, shape, and spatial relationships of the detected gestures. 2D gesture recognition is widely used to interpret human gestures in two dimensions, such as hand movements, finger gestures, and facial expressions. It is a faster, more convenient, and more versatile technology that helps in hands-free control, enhanced user experience, improved accessibility, and efficiency. As a result, 2D gesture recognition is extensively used across the automotive, consumer electronics, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), and government sectors.
2D Gesture Recognition Market Trends:
The increasing technology adoption in the automotive industry to enhance the user experience, improve driver safety, and provide intuitive control over in-car systems is one of the key factors propelling the market growth. In line with this, the widespread application of 2D gesture recognition in vehicles to activate safety features, control interior lighting systems, adjust seat positions, temperature settings, fan speed, and other climate control features is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for touchless interfaces and hygienic interactions to reduce the risk of spreading germs due to rising health consciousness among the masses owing to the COVID-19 pandemic is creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, rapid technological advancements, such as the integration of machine learning (ML) algorithms and computer vision techniques to analyze and interpret human gestures, improve accuracy, and enable real-time recognition, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the introduction of customizable gesture sets that enable users to personalize interactions and adapt gesture recognition systems to their specific needs and preferences is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the widespread technology adoption in the healthcare industry and rehabilitation settings to track and analyze patients' movements during physical therapy exercises due to the increasing need for accurate monitoring, personalized treatment plans, and improved patient outcomes are positively influencing the market growth. Other factors, rising application of 2D gesture recognition in the consumer electronics industry, increasing demand for hands-free operations, advanced focus on research and development (R&D) activities, and growing demand for natural and intuitive interaction are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global 2D gesture recognition market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology and industry vertical.
- Touch-Based Gesture Recognition
- Touch-Less Gesture Recognition
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the 2D gesture recognition market based on technology. This includes touch-based and touch-less gesture recognition. According to the report, touch-based gesture recognition represented the largest segment.
Industry Vertical Insights:
- Consumer Electronics
- Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the 2D gesture recognition market based on the industry vertical has also been provided in the report. This includes automotive, consumer electronics, banking financial services and insurance (BFSI), government, and others. According to the report, banking financial services and insurance (BFSI) accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for 2D gesture recognition. Some of the factors driving the North America 2D gesture recognition market included increasing solution adoption in the automotive industry, rapid technological advancements, and the introduction of customizable gesture sets.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global 2D gesture recognition market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Crunchfish, GestureTek, Ultraleap, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Industry Vertical
||Touch-Based Gesture Recognition, Touch-Less Gesture Recognition
|Industry Verticals Covered
||Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Government, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Crunchfish, GestureTek, Ultraleap, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global 2D gesture recognition market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global 2D gesture recognition market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global 2D gesture recognition market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive 2D gesture recognition market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the 2D gesture recognition market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry vertical?
- Which is the most attractive industry vertical in the 2D gesture recognition market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global 2D gesture recognition market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global 2D gesture recognition market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the 2D gesture recognition market from 2017-2028
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global 2D gesture recognition market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the 2D gesture recognition industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.