The global 4K set-top box market size reached US$ 5.59 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.92 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during 2023-2028. The increasing consumer spending, integration of advanced technologies, and rising investments in marketing campaigns represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A 4K set-top box (STB) is a device that enables users to stream 4K content to their television (TV). It streams content in ultra-high-definition (UHD) quality with a pixel resolution of 3840 pixels X 2160 lines. It connects to the internet via Wi-Fi or ethernet and establishes a connection with online streaming services. It offers a user-friendly interface that allows navigation through a remote control or smartphone. It also supports live TV services, advanced gaming capabilities, and virtual assistants (VAs) to control the device using voice commands and improve user experience. At present, the emerging trend of smart homes and the increasing utilization of smart devices is catalyzing the demand for 4K STB across the globe.
4K Set-Top Box Market Trends:
The increasing consumer preferences toward high-quality audio and video content and the rising number of individuals spending on online video streaming platforms represent one of the major factors driving the demand for 4K STBs around the world. It can also be attributed to rapid urbanization, inflating income levels, improving standards of living, and the growing penetration of the high-speed internet connectivity. Moreover, the integration of Dolby Atmos, voice control, machine learning (ML), and artificial intelligence (AI) to recommend content based on the viewing history of the users and provide a personalized and hassle-free experience is favoring the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing awareness about the benefits of streaming content in 4K, such as improved picture quality, is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the rising number of commercial spaces, such as hotels, restaurants, and cafes are installing 4K STBs to offer live streaming of matches is bolstering the growth of the market. Furthermore, leading players are investing in marketing campaigns to increase their overall sales and strengthen their hold in the market share. Besides this, a considerable reliance on online shopping applications that provide convenience, reviews, doorstep delivery, innumerable payment option, and easy installation of the product is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, significant improvements in broadband infrastructure in urban areas and the expansion of fifth generation (5G) technology is strengthening the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global 4K set-top box market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and application.
- Internet Protocol Television (IPTV)
- Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT)
- Over The Top (OTT)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the 4K set-top box market based on the product. This includes satellite, internet protocol television (IPTV), cable, digital terrestrial television (DTT), over the top (OTT), and hybrid. According to the report, satellite represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the 4K set-top box market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes residential and commercial. According to the report, residential accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for 4K set-top box. Some of the factors driving the North America 4K set-top box market included increased number of online video streaming platforms, rising number of commercial spaces, incorporation of advanced technologies, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global 4K set-top box market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Bharti Airtel Limited, DISH Network Corporation, HUMAX Co. Ltd., Infomir Group, Roku Inc., Sagemcom Broadband SAS, Tata Play Limited, ZTE Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Satellite, Internet Protocol Television (IPTV), Cable, Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), Over The Top (OTT), Hybrid
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bharti Airtel Limited, DISH Network Corporation, HUMAX Co. Ltd., Infomir Group, Roku Inc., Sagemcom Broadband SAS, Tata Play Limited, ZTE Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global 4K set-top box market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global 4K set-top box market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global 4K set-top box market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive 4K set-top box market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the 4K set-top box market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the 4K set-top box market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global 4K set-top box market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global 4K set-top box market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the 4K set-top box market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global 4K set-top box market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the 4K set-top box industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.