The global A2 milk market was worth US$ 4,410 Million in 2017. The market value is further projected to cross US$ 18,140 Million by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of 24.9% during 2018-2023. A2 milk is a type of cow milk characterized by the absence of A1 β-casein proteins. The consumption of A2 milk is known to prevent the symptoms of stomach discomfort that usually occur after consuming dairy products in lactose intolerant people, such as gas, bloating, and diarrhoea. Besides this, it is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which help in the growth and development of the human body. Nowadays, the expanding income levels along with the growing awareness about the nutritional benefits of A2 milk have stimulated the growth of the market worldwide.
Global A2 Milk Market Drivers/Constraints:
- The demand for A2 milk is gaining traction among consumers across the globe owing to the numerous health benefits offered by its consumption, such as boosting immunity, increasing metabolic rate and promoting mental growth.
- The players are expanding their product portfolio by introducing a wide variety of A2 milk products including baby food, infant formula, cheese, yogurt, etc. so as to cater to the needs and requirements of a diverse group of consumers.
- Although A2 milk has been rapidly gaining popularity worldwide, the market has untapped growth potential in regions with increasing consumption of dairy products such India and China.
- A rise in the number of hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores as well as online retailing is expected to boost the sales of A2 milk as it is mainly sold through organised retail formats.
- The high prices of A2 milk coupled with the availability of cheaper and vegan substitutes represent the major challenges faced by the manufacturers. In addition, lack of proper scientific evidence regarding the benefits of A2 milk can hamper the growth of the market.
Breakup by End-Use:
On the basis of end-use, the market has been segmented into liquid milk, infant formula and other dairy products. Amongst these, liquid milk is the most popular product type, accounting for nearly two-thirds of the total A2 milk market.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
Based on distribution channel, supermarkets and hypermarkets represent the largest segment as these stores provide large amount of shelf space and a wider choice of products from different brands. Other major distribution channels are convenience and grocery stores, and online/non-store retailing.
On a geographical front, Oceania enjoys the leading position in the global A2 milk market. This can be accredited to the growing number of dairy companies offering incentives to A2 milk producers in the region. Oceania is followed by Asia, Europe and North America.
The A2 milk market is relatively new and is currently dominated by a few players, however, a number of new regional and global players are emerging. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- The A2 Milk Company Limited
- Jersey Dairy
- Dairy Farmers
This report provides a deep insight into the global A2 milk market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the A2 milk market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global A2 milk market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global A2 milk market?
- Which are the major end-use segments in the global A2 milk market?
- What are the various distribution channels in the global A2 milk market?
- What are the price trends of A2 milk?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global A2 milk market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global A2 milk market?
- What is the structure of the global A2 milk market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global A2 milk market?
- How is A2 milk manufactured?