The global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market size reached US$ 524 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3,356 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 35.7% during 2023-2028. The burgeoning automobile industry, rising greenhouse gas emissions, and the inflating prices of fossil fuels represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles are powered by an internal combustion engine that runs on alternative fuels rather than conventional fuels. These vehicles rely on biofuel, biodiesel, fuel cell, natural gas, solar batteries, electricity-based vehicles, nitrogen, diethyl ether, and other fuels. They collect lost energy during braking by storing the captured energy in the battery and using the electric motor as a generator. Alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles rely on regenerative braking and the internal combustion engine to charge and offer low tailpipe emissions and high fuel economy with the power and range of conventional vehicles. These vehicles provide power to auxiliary loads and enhance performance to reduce engine idling when the vehicle is stopped. They reduce the dependence on fossil fuels as alternative fuels are largely produced domestically.
Alternative Fuel and Hybrid Vehicle Market Trends:
At present, the rising sales of hybrid vehicles, along with the increasing demand for commercial electric vehicles (EVs) in the e-commerce sector for last-mile delivery operations, represent one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for electric-based vehicles with developed electrification systems providing various benefits, such as low carbon emissions, high fuel efficiency, and cost-effectiveness, across the globe. This, coupled with the thriving automobile industry, is currently strengthening the growth of the market. In addition, the rising awareness among the masses about the benefits of using alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles to prevent greenhouse gas emissions and reduce air pollution is propelling the growth of the market. Moreover, governing agencies of various countries are presently implementing stringent regulations to achieve net zero emissions targets. They are also providing subsidies to increase the purchase of EVs, which is catalyzing the demand for alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles. Apart from this, the growing demand for alternative fuel and hybrid vehicles due to the increasing prices of fossil fuels is positively influencing the market. Additionally, key manufacturers are introducing compressed natural gas (CNG) variants of various vehicles and a fuel cell prototype for hydrogen-powered cars, which is projected to bolster the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on fuel type, vehicle type, and vehicle class.
Fuel Type Insights:
- Hybrid Vehicles
- Plugin Hybrid Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicles
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market based on the fuel type. This includes hybrid vehicles, plugin hybrid vehicles, battery electric vehicles, and others. According to the report, battery electric vehicles represented the largest segment.
Vehicle Type Insights:
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market based on the vehicle type has also been provided in the report. This includes passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles. According to the report, passenger cars accounted for the largest market share.
Vehicle Class Insights:
- Economical Vehicles
- Mid-priced Vehicles
- Luxury Vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market based on the vehicle class has also been provided in the report. This includes economical vehicles, mid-priced vehicles, and luxury vehicles. According to the report, luxury vehicles accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle. Some of factors driving the Asia Pacific alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market included the growing number of alternate fuel stations, increasing environmental concerns, rising adoption of cleaner fuels, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies include Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, BYD Company Ltd., Ford Motor Company, Mercedes-benz Group AG, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Tesla Inc., Toyota Motor Corporation, Volkswagen AG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Fuel Types Covered
||Hybrid Vehicles, Plugin Hybrid Vehicles, Battery Electric Vehicles, Others
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles
|Vehicle Classes Covered
||Economical Vehicles, Mid-priced Vehicles, Luxury Vehicles
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, BYD Company Ltd., Ford Motor Company, Mercedes-benz Group AG, Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, Tesla Inc., Toyota Motor Corporation, Volkswagen AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the fuel type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle class?
- What is the competitive structure of the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the alternative fuel and hybrid vehicle industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.