According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Asia Pacific Aquafeed Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the Asia Pacific aquafeed market size reached 44.7 Million Tons in 2022. Aquafeed refers to the feed given to aquatic farmed animals, which is composed of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, and micronutrients. It is considered essential for the growth and development of aquatic animals as it helps in mitigating the effects of stress, decreasing susceptibility to disease, and improving immunity levels. At present, key market players operating in the Asia Pacific region are introducing more sustainable and environment-friendly aquafeed formulations and focusing on improving the efficiency and profitability of the feed.
Asia Pacific Aquafeed Market Trends:
At present, changing dietary patterns, rising awareness about the benefits of consuming seafood, and the increasing number of pescatarians are among the key factors positively influencing the market in the Asia Pacific region. In addition, the incorporation of advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), for improved packaging, feed safety compliance monitoring, transparent supply chain management, and effective cleaning, coupled with the advancement in methods for measuring the quality of aquafeeds throughout the manufacturing process, are strengthening the market growth in the region. Apart from this, the easy availability of seafood through online and offline distribution channels, coupled with secured payment gateways is creating a favorable market outlook. Furthermore, the growing awareness about the environmental impacts of aquaculture is resulting in increasing demand for aquafeed made from sustainable and natural ingredients, which is stimulating the market growth. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of 7.6 Million Tons by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.8% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the ingredient, the market has been segmented into soybean, fish meal, corn, fish oil, additives, and others. At present, soybean holds the largest share of the market.
- Based on the additives, the market has been segregated into amino acids, antibiotics, vitamins, feed acidifiers, and others. Vitamins represent the most commonly used additives in the aquafeed.
- On the basis of the product form, the market has been classified into pellets, extruded, powdered, and liquid. Pellets currently account for the biggest market share.
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into carps, shrimp, tilapia, mollusks, catfish, salmon, lobsters, and others. At present, carps exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into China, Indonesia, Japan, Bangladesh, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, South Korean and others. Amongst these, China enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Charoen Pokphand Group, BioMar, Aller Aqua, Tongwei Group Co., Ltd., Cargill Inc., Ridley Corp. Ltd., Alltech Coppens B.V., and Nutreco N.V., etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Million Tons, US$ Million
|End User Covered
||Carps, Shrimp, Tilapia, Mollusks, Catfish, Salmon, Lobsters, Others
||Soybean, Fish Meal, Corn, Fish Oil, Additives, Others
||Amino Acids, Antibiotics, Vitamins, Feed Acidifiers, Others
|Product Forms Covered
||Pellets, Extruded, Powdered, Liquid
||China, Indonesia, Japan, Bangladesh, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, South Korea, Others
||Charoen Pokphand Group, BioMar, Aller Aqua, Tongwei Co. Ltd, Cargill, Ridley Corporation, Alltech Coppens B.V., and Nutreco N.V
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N A
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800