The Asia Pacific biodegradable food service disposables market size reached US$ 466.7 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 645.8 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.39% during 2023-2028.
Biodegradable disposables are produced from naturally occurring materials like sugarcane fiber (bagasse), corn starch, wheat bran, areca nut sheaths, bamboo, and various leaves such as palm leaves and coconut coir. These disposables can be composted after degradation as the material releases valuable nutrients into the soil, making it fertile. In the Asia Pacific region, biodegradable food service disposables are gaining preference owing to the growing awareness among consumers about the harm that non-biodegradable disposables cause to the environment.
The Asia Pacific biodegradable food service disposables market is primarily driven by the expanding food and beverage industry. Along with this, changing lifestyles of the urban population have increased the percentage of people choosing on-the-go food and drinks, thereby propelling the demand for biodegradable disposables. Besides this, the growing trend of online food retailing has generated the need for environmentally sustainable food packaging solutions. Besides this, regional governments are undertaking initiatives to promote the use of biodegradable food packaging materials as a way of reducing waste. For instance, Chai Point, one of the largest organized tea retailers in India, introduced 100% biodegradable packaging, such as food boxes, plates and cutlery, in 2016.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Asia Pacific biodegradable food service disposables market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on raw material type, product type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Raw Material Type:
- Pulp and Paper
Breakup by Product Type:
- Clamshells and Containers
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Business to Customer (B2C)
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Online Stores
Breakup by Country:
- South Korea
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Raw Material Type, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Country
||China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Asia Pacific biodegradable food service disposables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Asia Pacific biodegradable food service disposables market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the raw material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Asia Pacific biodegradable food service disposables market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?