The Asia Pacific hospital acquired disease testing market size reached US$ 2,303 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6,606 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 18.5% during 2023-2028.
Hospital-acquired diseases (HADs), or nosocomial infections, refer to the infections caused by exposure to viral, bacterial and fungal pathogens during hospital visits. Some of the commonly used techniques for testing HADs include the complete blood count (CBC) test, erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) test and urinalysis, which are administered to diagnose catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTI), surgical site infections (SSI) and hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP).
The rising prevalence of nosocomial infections in the Asia Pacific region is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Being a region majorly populated by developing economies, there is a dire lack of adequate sanitation and related provisions across the healthcare sector, especially in small-scale hospitals and clinics. Consequently, patients are increasingly being exposed to multidrug-resistant bacteria (MDRB) and viruses, which, in turn, is resulting in the growing demand for pathogen detection and other HAD testing procedures. In addition to this, the implementation of favorable government initiatives to promote public health and create awareness regarding the available treatment options for HADs, are contributing to the market growth significantly. Other factors, including improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, along with extensive research and development (R&D) activities in the field of medical sciences, are anticipated to drive the market further.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Asia Pacific hospital acquired disease testing market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on indication.
Breakup by Indication:
- UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)
- SSI (Surgical Site Infection)
- Bloodstream Infections
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus)
Breakup by Country:
- South Korea
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Asia Pacific hospital acquired disease testing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Asia Pacific hospital acquired disease testing market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the indication?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Asia Pacific hospital acquired disease testing market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?