The Australia hair removal market size reached US$ 858 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 1,183 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.6% during 2023-2028. The rising consumer consciousness toward maintaining physical appearance, easy availability of a wide range of hair removal products across various online and offline organized retail platforms, the emergence of cosmetic laser treatments and the growing prominence of advanced light-based technologies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Hair removal is a popular procedure that involves eliminating unwanted body hair using various techniques without damaging the surrounding skin, commonly performed on the legs, underarms, face, bikini area, and back. Body hair is removed for various reasons, such as aesthetic reasons, cultural practices, sports, medical requirements, or personal hygiene. Shaving is a common and straightforward hair removal method that involves using a razor to cut hair at skin level. Waxing involves spreading warm wax on the skin, and then removing the wax strip along with the hair after cooling. Plucking involves using tweezers to pull hair out by the roots, while laser hair removal is a semi-permanent hair removal technique that involves using high-heat lasers to destroy hair follicles, that prevents future hair growth. Shaving and depilatory creams are quick and easy to use, while waxing and plucking provide longer-lasting results, and laser hair removal offers permanent results but can be expensive and require multiple sessions.
Australia Hair Removal Market Trends:
The hair removal market in Australia is being primarily driven by rising consumer consciousness toward physical appearances, with individuals increasingly investing in personal grooming. This can be attributed to the rapid urbanization and improving consumer living standards. In line with this, the easy availability of a wide range of hair removal products across various online and offline organized retail platforms are providing a boost to the product sales. Additionally, the increasing number of dermatology clinics across the region offering personalized procedures to maximize the effectiveness of laser hair removal methods is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing celebrity endorsements across social media and advertisements are promoting the use of hair removal products, thereby driving the market growth. Also, the introduction of convenient and easy-to-use automated hair removal products, such as epilators, trimmers, and electric razors by the manufacturers are creating a positive market outlook. The market is further propelled by the emergence of cosmetic laser treatments and the growing prominence of advanced light-based technologies, such as infrared, radiofrequency, and intense pulsed light (IPL). Apart from this, growing preference for non-invasive hair removal methods along with the rising popularity of professional hair removal services at salons and spas are impacting the market positively. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the emergence of new beauty standards, growth in working women population, increasing awareness regarding the medical benefits of dermatology procedures, and extensive research and development (R&D).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Australia hair removal market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, end user and gender.
Product Type Insights:
- Laser Hair Removal
- Electrical Epilation
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hair removal market based on the product type. This includes laser hair removal, electrical epilation and waxing. According to the report, laser hair removal represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Beauty Clinics
- Dermatology Clinics
- Home Use
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hair removal market based on the end user. This includes beauty clinics, dermatology clinics, and home use.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hair removal market based on the gender has also been provided in the report. This includes men and women.
- Western Australia
- New South Wales
- Rest of Australia
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, and the rest of Australia.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Australia hair removal market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Abbvie Inc. (Allergan Inc.), Advanced Clinics Australia, Alma Lasers International, Braun GmbH, Candela Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lumenis Inc., Results Laser Clinics, Silk Laser Clinics., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Type, End User, Gender, Region
|Western Australia, New South Wales, Queensland, Victoria, Rest of Australia
|Abbvie Inc. (Allergan Inc.), Advanced Clinics Australia, Alma Lasers International, Braun GmbH, Candela Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lumenis Inc., Results Laser Clinics, and Silk Laser Clinics.
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Australia hair removal market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the Australia hair removal market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the Australia hair removal market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the Australia hair removal market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the Australia hair removal market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on gender?
- Which is the most attractive gender in the Australia hair removal market?
- What is the competitive structure of the Australia hair removal market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the Australia hair removal market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Australia hair removal market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Australia hair removal market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Australia hair removal industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.