The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Australia Hand Sanitizer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the Australia hand sanitizer market reached a value of US$ 359.24 Million in 2021. A hand sanitizer is an antiseptic disinfectant used as an alternative to soap and water. It generally consists of 70% ethanol or rubbing alcohol, emollients, polyacrylates, natural or artificial colors, and water mixed with different essences. Some variants of hand sanitizer also contain ingredients that reduce skin dryness and irritation. It aims to prevent the transmission of infectious diseases, which are usually caused by hand transmission. As a result, hand sanitizers are widely used for commercial purposes such as hospitals, offices, and manufacturing industries, as well as for personal use.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Australia Hand Sanitizer Market Trends:
The market in Australia is primarily driven by the increasing awareness regarding hand hygiene due to the rising instances of nosocomial infections among individuals. With the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, various government and non-government agencies across the country are recommending self-prevention methods to curb the spread of the disease. Besides this, major companies are adopting strategies such as promotional campaigns and media coverage to fuel the product demand. The rising influence of social media and online advertisement is also driving the popularity of hand sanitizers. Furthermore, the launch of innovative variants that are perfume-based or infused with fruit and floral fragrances such as rose, green apple, peach, and oranges, are propelling the demand for hand sanitizers in the country. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 226.42 Million by 2027.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into alcoholic (60%-70%, 71%-80%, and 81%-95%) and non-alcoholic.
- On the basis of the product form, the market has been classified into gel, liquid, spray, foam, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the ingredient into synthetic, natural, and organic.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segregated into hospitals, households, restaurants and hotels, and others.
- Based on the pack size, the market has been segmented into large, medium, and small.
- The market has been divided based on the distribution channel into supermarkets and hypermarkets, pharmacies, online, departmental stores, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being BWX Limited, Careline Group, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Ego Pharmaceuticals Pty Limited, Elyptol Australia, Gojo Industries, Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC, Schulke & Mayr GmbH, Sydney Solvents, and Unilever PLC.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800