The global automotive paints additives market size reached US$ 4.32 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6.41 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.5% during 2023-2028. The significant growth in the automotive industry, emerging trends of custom paint jobs on vehicles, and the introduction of eco-friendly products represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Automotive paint additives refer to formulations that improve the quality, functionality, and characteristics of paints and coatings. It includes wetting and dispersing agents, emulsifiers, defoamers, catalysts, rheology modifiers, driers, anti-setting agents, and effluent treatment additives. Automotive paint additives are widely used in interior and exterior vehicle paints to improve their durability, prevent chipping and fading, and protect vehicles from rust, ultraviolet (UV) radiation, and corrosion. They are odorless products that exhibit chemical inertness, temperature resistance, and antifungal and antibacterial properties. Automotive paint additives increase the viscosity of the paint, enhance fluidity, reduce sedimentation, and prevent bubble formation. They help to increase paint hardness, accelerate drying time, improve brush ability, and enhance performance. As a result, automotive paint additives find extensive applications in passenger, commercial, and military vehicles.
Automotive Paints Additives Market Trends:
The significant growth in the automotive industry is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Automotive paint additives are widely used to enhance the aesthetic appeal of vehicles, provide a smooth surface finish, reduce the fisheye distortion in the painted surface, and prevent corrosion and deterioration of various metal, vinyl, leather, and plastic body parts, such as windows, doors, trims, seats, chassis, engine, transmission, dashboard, convertible tops, tanks, and underbody. In addition to this, the widespread product utilization to develop lightweight paints for electric and hybrid vehicles, which improves battery capacity and provides longer traveling distances between charges is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization to enhance the visual effects of the decoration, provide high color saturation, and boost the reflectivity of metallic finish while maintaining a smooth and non-sparkling appearance is facilitating the market growth. Additionally, the introduction of eco-friendly products that are water-based that do not contain harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and improve the paint's durability is positively influencing the market growth. Along with this, the implementation of stringent regulations by several governments across the globe to promote the adoption of eco-friendly paints that minimizes adverse impact on human health and the environment is propelling the market growth. Moreover, the recent development of advanced products that are lightweight, safe, stable, and easy to use and provide improved dispersion and excellent flow behavior is favoring the market growth. Other factors, including rising demand for anti-fouling and anti-graffiti paints for automotive, increasing expenditure capacities of consumers, and easy product availability across e-commerce platforms, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global automotive paints additives market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, vehicle type, and application.
- Fisheye Eliminator
- Blending Solvents
- Flow Enhancers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive paints additives market based on the type. This includes fisheye eliminator, blending solvents, flow enhancers, and others. According to the report, fisheye eliminator represented the largest segment.
Vehicle Type Insights:
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive paints additives market based on the vehicle type has also been provided in the report. This includes passenger cars and commercial vehicles. According to the report, passenger cars accounted for the largest market share.
- Automotive Decorative Paint
- Automotive Antirust Paint
- Automotive Fire-retardant Paint
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive paints additives market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes automotive decorative paint, automotive antirust paint, automotive fire-retardant paint, and others. According to the report, automotive decorative paint accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for automotive paints additives. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific automotive paints additives market included the significant growth in the automotive industry, rising expenditure capacity of consumers, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global automotive paints additives market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include BASF SE, Clariant AG, Dupont De Nemours Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, PPG Industries Inc., Sherwin-Williams Company, Solvay S.A, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Fisheye Eliminator, Blending Solvents, Flow Enhancers, Others
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles
||Automotive Decorative Paint, Automotive Antirust Paint, Automotive Fire-retardant Paint, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||BASF SE, Clariant AG, Dupont De Nemours Inc., Eastman Chemical Company, PPG Industries Inc., Sherwin-Williams Company, Solvay S.A, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automotive paints additives market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global automotive paints additives market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global automotive paints additives market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive automotive paints additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the automotive paints additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- Which is the most attractive vehicle type in the automotive paints additives market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the automotive paints additives market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global automotive paints additives market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global automotive paints additives market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the automotive paints additives market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global automotive paints additives market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the automotive paints additives industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.