The global automotive ultrasonic technologies market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.00% during 2023-2028. The augmenting demand for safety features in vehicles, increasing awareness among consumers about the importance of road safety, and inflating disposable income levels represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Automotive ultrasonic technologies are techniques that use ultrasonic waves to detect or measure objects in the vicinity of a vehicle, usually having a frequency above 20 kHz. Automotive ultrasonic sensors use sound waves to measure the distance between the sensor and the object, and can be mounted on various parts of a vehicle, such as the front or rear bumper, to aid in parking and maneuvering. Automotive ultrasonic technologies are commonly used in parking assist systems to detect the proximity of objects to provide visual or auditory directions, in collision avoidance systems to adjust the speed to avoid a collision, and in blind spot monitoring systems to detect vehicles or objects in the driver's blind spot. Automotive ultrasonic technologies are able to detect soft or irregularly shaped objects as compared to other sensors, such as cameras or radar. They provide several advantages such as accurate and reliable measurements even in adverse weather conditions. In addition to this, they are relatively inexpensive and require minimal maintenance.
Automotive Ultrasonic Technologies Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the augmenting demand for safety features in vehicles, such as advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). This can be attributed to the increasing awareness among consumers about the importance of road safety, especially in developing countries with a higher prevalence of road accidents. In line with this, numerous technological advancements in the automotive ultrasonic technology, including the introduction of high-frequency ultrasonic sensors, artificial intelligence (AI) and the internet of things (IoT), is propelling the market. Additionally, the emerging trend of vehicle electrification, along with the rising popularity of electric vehicles (EVs) due to an increasing focus on reducing vehicular emissions across the globe is resulting in a higher product uptake. Besides this, the escalating demand for efficient parking assistance and obstacle detection systems for providing accurate range measurement in automobiles is creating lucrative growth opportunities in the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include the inflating disposable income levels, rising adoption of luxury autonomous vehicles, favorable government regulations mandating the installation of safety features in vehicles, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, vehicle type and application.
- Proximity Detection
- Range Measurement
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive ultrasonic technologies market based on the type. This includes proximity detection and range measurement. According to the report, proximity detection represented the largest segment.
Vehicle Type Insights
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Electric Vehicles
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive ultrasonic technologies market based on the vehicle type. This includes passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles, and electric vehicles. According to the report, passenger cars represented the largest segment.
- Park Assist
- Blind Spot Detection
A detailed breakup and analysis of the automotive ultrasonic technologies market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes park assist, blind spot detection, and others. According to the report, park assist accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for automotive ultrasonic technologies. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific automotive ultrasonic technologies market included the escalating demand for efficient parking assistance, the augmenting demand for safety features in vehicles, extensive research and development activities, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aisin Corporation, Continental AG, Elmos Semiconductor SE, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co. (Faurecia SE), Hyundai Motor Company, Magna International Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Panasonic Holdings Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, TDK Corporation, Texas Instruments Inc., Valeo., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Proximity Detection, Range Measurement
|Vehicle Types Covered
||Passenger Cars, Light Commercial Vehicles, Heavy Commercial Vehicles, Electric Vehicles
||Park Assist, Blind Spot Detection, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aisin Corporation, Continental AG, Elmos Semiconductor SE, Hella KGaA Hueck & Co. (Faurecia SE), Hyundai Motor Company, Magna International Inc., Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., Panasonic Holdings Corporation, Robert Bosch GmbH, TDK Corporation, Texas Instruments Inc., Valeo., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive automotive ultrasonic technologies markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the vehicle type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the automotive ultrasonic technologies market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global automotive ultrasonic technologies market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the automotive ultrasonic technologies industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.