According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Beauty and Personal Care Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India beauty and personal care market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% during 2022-2027. Beauty and personal care products are generally utilized for improving the appearance and overall health of skin, nails and hair. They are widely used for beautifying and cleaning purposes that aid in enhancing the physical appearance of individuals. Some of the commonly utilized products include shampoos, soaps, antiperspirants, razors, cleansers, bodywash, oral care products and cosmetics that are used for maintaining the personal hygiene of individuals and boosting their self-esteem. In India, there has been a considerable rise in the preference for beauty and personal care products due to the easy availability of diversified product variants via online and offline organized retail channels.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Beauty and Personal Care Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by the escalating preference for maintaining an aesthetic appearance among the masses. This is supported by the growing awareness regarding personal hygiene among individuals. Coupled with the penetration of high-speed internet connectivity across the nation and the rising popularity of social media platforms among the masses, this is facilitating the uptake of beauty and personal care products. Moreover, continual improvements in the e-commerce infrastructure, the advent of the online delivery models and the enhanced convenience offered by these online retail portals are creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with this, numerous leading players are heavily investing in launching organic and natural beauty and personal care products, which is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Also, increasing investments in the development of aggressive marketing strategies and celebrity endorsements are providing an impetus to the market growth. Other factors, including the inflating disposable income levels of individuals and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are further providing an impetus to the market across India.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into vegan, organic and inorganic.
- Based on the product, the market has been categorized into skincare/sun care, hair care, makeup and color cosmetic products, deodorants/fragrances and others.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies and drug stores, online stores and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Avon Products Inc. (Natura & Co), Beiersdorf AG, Colgate-Palmolive Company, Coty Inc., Kao Corporation, L’occitane International S.A., L'Oréal S.A, Procter & Gamble, Revlon Inc., The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. and Unilever plc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal